Teach For India is a nationwide movement in pursuit of educational equity in India. Teach For India recruits exceptional college graduates and professionals to work as full time teachers in under resourced schools for two years. Teach For India solicits leaders who will pilot the movement against educational inequity and begets the leaders of tomorrow. The Teach For India staff works relentlessly along with the Fellows to pioneer the movement.
For more details about our organization, please visit www.teachforindia.org
Position Summary: The Technology Manager is responsible for imparting a vision, driving implementation and ensuring smooth software operations for all technical systems within each vertical of Teach For India. S/he will be responsible for architecting and designing the business software requirements of Teach For India.
Primary Responsibilities (80% of time)
- To help develop vision and goals for the Technology vertical at Teach For India, and work to synergize all parts of the organization with latest technical trends.
- To drive architecture and design of software business systems across verticals process flow documents, requirements, architecture definition, enlisting external vendors and maintaining vendor relationships to drive delivery.
- To initiate, build and maintain relationships with all verticals with in Teach For India as well as external vendors to enable efficiencies.
- Ensuring delivery through all stages of the software development life-cycle by working with vendors and creating the required software when required.
- To manage and oversee website content, organizational intranet, database software, email servers and technical content for various verticals within Teach For India.
- To provide support for Selection centers in the city for selection of highest quality of candidates for the Fellowship.
- To support Fellows in enabling technical solutions for their classrooms
- To volunteer in a classroom and support teaching activities at least once in a week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management, communication, leadership, inter-personal and negotiation skills. Clear vision to empower an organization to innovate using technology.
- Experience in capturing user and software specification and demonstrated excellence in building strong partner relationships. SRS and RFP documentation skills required.
- Excellent technical and software development skills. Experience of entire software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of web based technologies, cloud based platforms and ERP will be desirable.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Documents.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an immense sense of possibility.
Contact Person: Ms. Sampada Gupta
E-Mail ID: email@example.com