This is Akhila from an Executive search firm, Wenger & Watson Inc. (www.wengerwatson.com) based in Bangalore.
We are in IT recruitment space for almost a decade and we are one of the preferred recruitment agencies for Product development firms in India.
Joining Location: Bangalore
Position: Technical Project Manager
Experience: 8 to 15 yrs
Education: BE/B.Tech with MBA
If interested please revert with your updated profile immediately on
Technical Project Manager
- Bachelor or Masters degree.
- Computer Science graduates will be preferred.
- MBA from Top Notch Colleges MUST
- 8 years. Maximum 15 years.
- The position requires a person with strong project management, technical & customer interaction skills and a robust, detail-oriented technical background.
The person will be involved in leading and partner teams in delivering projects on-time, on-budget. Activities include:
- Agile project management: Backlog management, story management, iteration planning, burn-down.
- Resource management: Leading a team, inspiring, evaluating performance, fostering excellence and open communications.
- Task management: Assigning tasks to team members, following up, and assuring tasks are completed on time.
- Defect management: Tracking, triaging, and assigning defects to team members, assuring defects are resolved in stated SLAs.
- Status assessment: Reporting status clearly and accurately—on functionality, defects, and financial metrics.
- Financial management: Reporting planned vs. actuals.
- Technical leadership: Technical background deep in web services, XML, APIs, and middleware to ensure above are based upon technical best practices.
- Teaming: Ability to work well with onsite counterparts and support key client conversations.
- Manage the project – by being a single point of contact / owner for such customer implementations including the required project management activities, working closely with the customer to understand priorities and deliver the solution in a timely fashion with a very high quality.
- Deliver comprehensive documentation of the solution and product training to customers as a part of the project.
- Customer skills including handling requirements discussion, product presentations and demonstrations.
- The position may require periodic travel to customer sites for meetings, project implementation / rollout etc
The candidate must come from a detailed, hands-on technical background and have prior experience in full-time project management.
Our customers are Geographically spread across the globe – The candidate will need to be open and available for customer calls and other technical activities during the US day time on a regular basis. The candidate may need to travel periodically to the US to meet with customers and participate in various deployment planning and product rollout activities.
- Writing and maintaining documents like training materials, tech notes, how-to guides, samples and other material that will help the customers to better understand and use the technologies.
- Co-ordination with product management, engineering and support teams.
- Ability to participate in and drive solution design discussions and helping customers to achieve the desired project goals.
- Team (customer, partner and internal) management skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Awareness of the Open API, social API trends, Middleware trends & directions.
1. Good project planning and coordination experience.
2. Experience with XML infrastructure Web Services system configuration such as LDAP or Database, Java coding and configuration of various integration / messaging end points such as JMS and Web Service interfaces is needed.
3. Should have experience in writing and interpreting user stories, use case documents, solution documents and project plans.
5. Prior experience in the Web Services Management, Middleware/integration domain is highly desired.
6. Good hands on skills with MS Office tools and MS Project.
If interested please revert with your updated profile immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org> along with the Job Code.