Looking for Assistant Supply Chain Manager with 2-3 years experience from premier institute, Mumbai location with US Mutlinational
A highly critical and visible supply chain role that will oversee the Medical Franchise (Business Unit) Supply Chain Planning processes. This is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing Demand Plan, Inventory Plan, Supply Plan, and Customer Service that will enable the franchise to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, operations and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives. This role is a part of the franchise leadership team.
Illustrative Responsibilities -
- Demand and Supply Planning
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, tenders, private account sales and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Lead Sales and Operations Planning meetings with Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Finance reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, tenders and other market intelligence) .
- Capture key Tender information and unusual order plans in franchise leadership meeting, S&OP meetings for advance planning of any specific code demand surge
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Drive supply and inventory plans aligned with franchise Business plans to achieve the targets.
- Work closely with Marketing, R&D, Demand Planning and Manufacturing to prepare for and overcome the associated challenges with new products.
- Recommend and Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Customer Service
- Manage replenishment of stocks to the warehouses - stock transfers to satellite warehouse based on demand
- Manage MRP labeling process of imported codes
- Manage Tender orders processing including manual invoice preparation - invoices for specific Government tender orders per the customer requirement
- Manage the process for sample orders - liaise with customer service and warehouse to process and ship sample orders to customers / sales team
- Replacement stocks - liaise with QA, warehouse and the customer service team and ensure that the customer receives the replacement stock for the faulty products they recd.
- Manage PRIs - process the product returns from the customers by following up with the warehouse and the sales team.
Other Responsibilities -
- Prepare, report, and communicate key KPIs to management - forecast and inventory measurements (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets), Inventory DOS, LIFR, Back Orders, ESO/ SLOB etc.
- Work with the extended support team in preparing basic MIS, communicating the MIS to the sales teams on a daily/ weekly basis
- Develop advanced MIS for the franchise to enable them make data driven decisions
- Communicate daily/ weekly with National Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers to monitor sales performance and track potential shortfalls.
- Review backup plans or any exceptions
- Communicate any Road permit requirements, Credit holds and co-ordinate with Regional Sales Managers, Finance Controllers, and Regional Finance Executives to assess order status
- Work closely with imports, warehouses, and freight forwarders to ensure timely inventory availability
- Understand regulatory export requirements and processes required to meet them.
- Ensure that processes are SOX and Regulatory compliant and meet audit requirements.
- Understand tax strategy requirements.
- Understand intercompany pricing/transfer pricing, effects of currency, difference between reported growth and operational growth.
Minimum requirements -
To be successful, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2-4 years related experience. Prefer experience in Health Care industry
- MBA from a mid to top tier school preferred along with a requisite 3-4 year college degree (Business, engineering or related field)
- CPIM, CIRM certifications preferred.
- Experience in forecasting and demand planning. Subject Understanding of collaborative forecasting methods, S&OP process.
- Good understanding of analytical tools (Excel, Access, etc) and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify critical gaps and raise issues to the S & OP team.
- Experience in supply planning.
- Strong understanding of APS / MRP concepts.
- Full understanding of the components of Safety Stock and can use math to calculate demand variability component of Safety Stock.
- Can calculate annual, monthly, and weekly plans as needed.
- Understands how shifts in demand forecast and sales vs. forecast impact the production plans through the bill of materials.
- Experience in planning new products being introduced to the market, understands the impact in the Supply Chain and the broader market.
- Knowledge of key performance metrics- Inventory turns, margin contributions, DOS, LIFR, MAPE, Back Order, ESO, SLOB etc.
- Solid understanding of elements within the Company P&L statement, and the impact Operations has on profit and loss
- Experience using JDE (preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Analyzes complex problems and recommends alternative solutions.
- Considers the implication of multiple business decisions upon each other.
- Ensures decisions made are fully and effectively implemented.
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Results and performance driven
- Big picture orientation with attention to details
- Possess sense of urgency
- Effectively manages and adapts to change.
- Good communication and team building skills
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
Global Leadership Profile Competencies -
- Integrity & Credo-based Actions
- Results & Performance Driven
- Sense of Urgency
- Strategic Thinking
- Big Picture Orientation
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Prudent Risk Taking
- Organization & Talent Development
- Collaboration & Teaming
- Self-Awareness & Adaptability
Functional Skills & Competencies
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic business plans and marketing plans
- Ability to collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, and cross functional teams.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment with a high tolerance to ambiguity
- Results and performance driven
Interested candidates please reply on email@example.com
Poonam Karkhanis| Sr.Recruitment Consultant | Pharma Healthcare Lifesciences
Ikya Human Capital Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Harbhaajan Building.
Above Hdfc Bank, CST road Kalina.