IBM S&T Operations and Supply Chain Strategy (O&SC) PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) – Background
In the Operations and Supply Chain Strategy space in India GD, we currently have S&T consultants, who are involved in projects around 3 key offering areas –
Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Product and Service Lifecycle Management
Strategy & Transformation Global Delivery (S&T GD) comprises multi-dimensional capabilities consistent with the S&T competencies. The hybrid business model delivers services to be provided to both external clients globally and the IBM Corporation.
The Supply Chain Strategy Service Area of S&T GD comprising Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain and Logistics management and Product & Service Lifecycle management engages with some of the world’s biggest companies to design the future model of their supply chains to improve their planning and to optimize their end to end operations involving :
- Designing strategies that improve effectiveness and efficiency of processes and support innovation across the value chain.
- Optimizing all aspects of planning, sourcing, fulfillment and logistics to drive out cost and improve performance
- Transforming procurement and supplier management capabilities end-to-end
- Building a smarter and sustainable supply chain
- Managing development and support of complex products and services from product design to post-sale service
- Accelerating time to market, improve new product and service introductions and cut product lifecycle costs.
Job Description for S&T GD Supply Chain Strategy Consultants:-
The IBM S&T GD Supply Chain and PLM Advisory practice is looking for candidates who have industry and/or consulting experience in both Supply Chain and Product Lifecycle Management initiatives. You will be working in management consulting engagements for the global clients of IBM Corp. Working alongside client project teams, which will be typically at a CXO level you will be expected to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems. Whether its strategy, planning, operations or technology your advice will play a key role in transforming the client’s product management and supply chain.
In the Product Lifecycle Management advisory area you will be working with client project teams and will be responsible for PLM maturity assessment, business case development, Program/Portfolio Management, Master Data Management, Part Management, BOM Management, Regulatory and Legal Compliance Management, Enterprise and Business Process Management (BPM), Systems Engineering and Innovation Management. Your role in these areas will include providing functional expertise and designing the optimum PLM strategy for the client.
In the areas of Supply chain you will be responsible for supply chain / operations analysis, problem solving, financial modeling, general business analysis, research, and report or presentation generation for the client or project team. Our consultants are expected to be active members of their project teams, providing new ideas and building on the suggestions of other team members.
Consultants are also expected to play a key role in client communications through informal discussions and formal status reports. In addition, we are actively involved in the application and transfer of specific skills and knowledge to the client through daily project work and structured training programs.
Outside of client project work, you are encouraged to get involved in business development activities with new and existing clients, practice line development, publication of thought leadership articles and recruiting activities.
Skills and Experience Requirement:-
Relevant industry and/or consulting experience in supply chain strategy and product lifecycle management strategy.
Candidates should have implementation experience in the following areas:
- Sales & operations planning
- Demand Planning
- Integrated supply chain planning
- Network design and optimization
- Inventory optimization
- Strategic sourcing
- Procurement transformation
- Systems Engineering
- Part and BOM Management
- Design Change Management
- Regulatory Compliance Management
- Must exhibit effective oral and written communication, leadership, project management, and teamwork skills with an ability to interact effectively with different levels of management
- Must possess excellent analytical skills with proficiency in core consulting and supply chain management tools, methods, and frameworks
- Prefer candidates that have experience in delivering complex product lifecycle management and supply chain projects initiatives with tangible results, working across organizational boundaries, and interfacing with senior executives
- Should have Global exposure, dealing & interacting with Clients across the Globe
- Demonstrating a strong track record of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction
- Knowledge and implementation of PLM packages like Siemens Teamcenter, DS Enovia and PTC WindChill preferable.
- Knowledge of system integration (middle ware) tools like Websphere, Tivoli preferable especially with reference to PLM implementation..
- Knowledge of supply chain packages especially iLog preferable.
- Experience in using any of the statistical packages like SPSS, JMP, SAS, Minitab is also preferred.
- Preferred industry experience in Retail, Industrial, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Chemicals & Petroleum, Metals and Mining, Travel and Transportation
- We are looking at hiring professionals with 3 to 15 years of overall work experience.
Academic and professional Qualifications:-
- Preferred Masters Degrees include:
- MBA – General, Operations, Finance
- MS – Industrial Engineering (or related)
- Preferred undergraduate degrees include:
- BS – Math, Engineering & Science (including Computer Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc)
- BA – Finance/accounting, Business Economics/Administration, Social Sciences and/or Liberal Arts
- Preferred certifications/ training in one or more of the following:
- Project Management, APICS Certified (CIRM/CPIM), SPC trained, JIT Certified (JIT Institute, KPS), Procurement Certified (CPM), quality (CQE), Lean Six Sigma Green, Black or Master Black Belt (DMAIC/DMEDI)
Location - Bangalore, NCR, Mumbai / Pune
Please mail your profile to email@example.com
Please Mention in the subject Line – PLM_Name_Years of Relevant Exp_Current Organisation Name
(Very sorry but, without the mentioned details in the subject Line, your profile would not be considered)
IMP: Please do not apply if you have been interviewed in last 6 months by IBM