About Copal Partners
Copal Partners (a part of the Moody’s group ) is the largest offshore financial analytics & research company and has approximately 1,400 professionals and over 100 clients, including several global bulge bracket investment banks, hedge funds, private equity funds, consulting firms and Fortune 500 corporations.
Copal Partners serves clients from its offices in the US, UK, Argentina, Dubai, India, and Mauritius. Clients include 6 of the top 10 global bulge bracket investment banks, and a number of billion + hedge and private equity funds
Copal’s management team includes individuals with experience in companies such as McKinsey & Co, GE Capital, UBS and Deutsche Bank
Minority shareholders include: Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
For further details, please visit our website: www.copalpartners.com
This opportunity is ideal for strategy consulting / private equity commercial due diligence professionals interested in working with leading global private equity funds and corporations.
Copal has built a strategic consulting vertical that is successfully competing directly for consulting work with the top consulting firms.
The role would essentially be that of a project manager, ensuring quality delivery of strategy projects, and managing client expectations.
Typical engagement would involve:
- Analyzing investment themes / strategies: Evaluating attractiveness of the overall sector / geography / company focused investment themes and strategies of the fund
- M&A and strategic advisory: Identification and analysis of potential targets through analysis of markets, products, services and financial synergies. Detailed assessment and quantification of cost, revenue and strategic synergies
- Pre acquisition Commercial Due Diligence: Commercial due diligence of potential investment through analysis of market opportunity, market sizing, growth rates estimation, business model analysis, profitability of business model and its robustness, competitive positioning, etc.
- Post acquisition growth strategy development: Work with portfolio companies of global PE funds to support their growth objectives, including, but not limited to, New market entry, business expansion, market and competitive intelligence, value chain analysis, product / service strategy
- Investment opportunity identification: Identifying emerging and high-growth sectors for investment assessment through market analysis such as market size, historical and projected growth rates, emerging market trends, key drivers, etc
- New market identification & entry strategies: Identifying new markets for growth through analysis of market size, competitive landscape, growth opportunities and formulating organic and /or inorganic entry strategies
- New product identification and marketing strategies: Market segmentation, product benchmarking, pricing studies, competitor analysis to identify best of breed strategies for investee companies
- Portfolio company performance enhancement: Working closely with portfolio company management to manage and improve performance through tools such as benchmarking, value chain analysis, customer analysis, competitive assessment, cost management, etc
- Understanding client requirement, scoping of project, managing team and leading client presentations with senior professionals at global corporate and PE Funds
- Leading and developing a team of analysts and associates
- Leading pre sales and business development efforts including developing strong proposals, analyzing cost and effort and building customized value proposition to address client requirements
- Travel on call, if the clients so desire
- Adept to consultative interviews with industry veterans and experts
- Train and mentor team associates for future roles as project managers
- 4 - 5 years of experience in strategy consulting / private equity
- MBA from a top tier business school
- Global work experience with boutique or large consulting firms preferred, though not essential
- Aspirations to build a strong brand in strategy consulting
- Strong business fundamentals, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solving acumen
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Dedicated and motivated individuals having demonstrated academic excellence with strong leadership, analytical, communication and teamwork skills
- Prior experience in client relationship management will be an advantage
- Experience of working across various geographies and sectors would be a plus
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to include the following details in the job applications that we are receiving for all the requirements: