Company : Lodha Group
Position Title: Senior Strategist, Strategy
Location : Mumbai (India)
“At Lodha, we think different. We don’t just build structures, we create environments that enrich people’s lives in their living and work spaces.”
Established in 1980, the Lodha Group is Mumbai’s premier real estate developer. The Group is currently developing in excess of 30 million sq ft of prime real estate, over 27 projects in and around Mumbai, from Napean Sea Road to Dombivali. In FY 2010-11, the group had sales of over Rs. 6500 cr (USD 1.4 billion) making it the largest real estate developer in the country. With Lodha Bellezza, an unparalleled super-luxury residential project in Hyderabad, the Group begun its geographic expansion, and is soon expected to launch its first project in Pune.
The Lodha Group has several landmark developments to its credit, including World One - the world’s tallest residential tower; Lodha Bellissimo - the only Indian residential development to feature amongst the top 1000 landscapes in the world; and Palava - 21st century India’s largest planned city, spread over 3600 acres. The Group has also made history by recording the biggest land deal in India till date, buying a plot in Wadala for Rs.4,053 crore, from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). The group currently employs over 2300 associates and provides site-based employment to over 25,000 workers.
About the Strategy Team:
We have invested in a strong and professional strategy team that can help meet and exceed our growth ambitions and build organizational capability on all fronts. We are aggressively seeking a Sr. Strategist to carry forward the ambitious growth plans of the Group.
The team comprises of nearly 20 professionals from the best global business schools including Stanford, London Business School, University of Chicago and Indian Institutes of Management. These professionals have been drawn from the likes of McKinsey and BCG.
The team is structured as a consulting organization handling multiple projects simultaneously. The projects vary in scope and dimension but can be broadly classified under the following buckets
- Portfolio assessments including demand/supply modeling & projections for our key markets.
- M&A, alliance and Joint Venture search and transactions in the organization.
- Project Co-ordination & Handover, leading to efficient project delivery in terms of time and quality of product
- Strategic initiatives for the upcoming townships
- Operational effectiveness projects, with select departments being chosen each year for transformational activities. (The team executed a project on construction effectiveness that successfully delivered on the mandate of realizing INR 2.6 bn savings in construction spend)
- Conduct feasibilities for our land holdings including predicting urbanization patterns, demand projections and momentum strategies.
As a Sr. Strategist, your role would include contributing to team problem solving efforts for the engagement, identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change within the organization. You would be required to own workstreams/ projects and guide associates in their respective workstreams.
You would be constantly involved in discussions and presentations with the top management/board.
- Strong intellectual horsepower with a practical sense of what works in an organizational setting.
- High motivation levels with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Self starter looking for an exciting and transformational work environment.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Interest in the real estate sector required, passion desirable, prior experience in the sector not mandatory.
Education and Industry exposure:
- MBA from a reputed institution (Top 20 schools worldwide + top Indian schools (IIMs/ ISB)) with a minimum post MBA work experience of 2-3 yrs.
- Associate/ equivalent in top Tier consulting organizations such as McKinsey, BCG, AT Kearney or part of an international strategy group in a leading corporation.
- Additional experience in real-estate/infra will be considered a plus
What we offer:
- Ability to build expertise in a sunrise sector with a company committed to innovation and transformation.
- Accelerated trajectories entirely based on meritocracy.
- Intellectual stimulation that equals the Big 3 strategy consulting groups, but with the impact of seeing and making it happen in reality
- Strong visibility with senior management
- Competitive compensation with leveraged performance based variable compensation and opportunity for wealth sharing.
- Individual based organizational development plan and training opportunities with consulting like development inputs.
- Email your updated curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Recruitment – Sr. Strategist, Strategy”