- In-depth, hands-on involvement directly with customers implementing the solution. Work directly with users of the system to gather and document their business requirements, and with the customer project/systems team to implement those requirements. Follow up with the users to test the implementation, achieve signoff, and continue to move the system toward go-live.
- Work hands on with the system to configure it and test it to ensure that it meets the business requirements. This will include areas such as setup of market data, including zero curves, probability curves, correlation matrices, dividend curves, etc., and the underlying financial instruments that drive the generation of those curves. This will also include the setup of pricing parameters and trade capture options that drive the valuation of trades based on the market data. And it will also include the configuration of rules-based scenarios for capturing market and credit risk, general multi-factor sensitivity analyses, and PnL.
- Assist customers in identifying functional gaps in the core front office or risk product, and to create detailed functional specifications for the gaps, and to determine whether those functional enhancements will be implemented by core development or as custom development by the customer’s own implementation team.
- During the development of enhancements, the business analyst will work with either the core development or customer development to iteratively test enhancements to ensure they will meet business requirements.
- Responsible for training users on basic use of the system, new functionality, etc.
Skills & Requirement:
- 5+ years working in systems or business analysis, preferably in the capital markets industry
- If Front Office: Detailed hands-on knowledge about industry-standard front office standards for market data management (bootstrapping algorithm), trade capture, pricing (Black-Scholes, Cox-Ross), and risk (Monte Carlo, VAR). Functional experience should encompass any or all of the following asset classes: credit derivatives, interest rate derivatives, equity derivatives, fixed income, or FX.
- If Back Office: Detailed hands-on knowledge about industry-standard back office processing functional areas, including settlements (SWIFT, ACH, Fed Wire), documentation (confirmation, advices, reset advices, etc.) and accounting (general ledger, PnL accounting, etc.). Functional experience should encompass any or all of the following asset classes: credit derivatives, interest rate derivatives, equity derivatives, fixed income, or FX.
- Strong technical skills – even though this is a business position, the candidate must be very “tech savvy” and technically self-sufficient – ability to read code will be highly valued, and experience designing/building front office systems will be especially valuable. Some knowledge of Java or C++ will be very useful.
- Strong ability to map conceptual financial and business elements to practical system capabilities. Should be able to translate front office business requirements into actual system configuration.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently, as required.
- Previous software company experience will be highly valued. In particular, previous experience with implementing front office systems will be key to success.
If interested mail to firstname.lastname@example.org