ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Headquartered in Johannesburg, our client was founded in 1983 at the inception of networked communications with a simple vision – to do great things. Our Client is a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build,support and manage their IT infrastructures. Today they are positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in51 countries across five regions – Middle East & Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia and the Americas.
In October 2010, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), one of the largest global telecommunications service providers, acquired 100% of our client’s plc for GBP 2.1 billion, making our client a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NTT Group.
By continually building on our knowledge and expertise in IT infrastructure technologies, our client has become a global leader in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure services and solutions.
Drawing on our base of over 14,000 employees and backed by a solid track record of 28 years, Our client applies its expertise in networking, converged communications, security, data centre solutions, Microsoft and contact centre technologies. Our unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised solutions that ensure our over 6,000 clientsachieve their business goals.
Our client at a glance
- Founded in 1983 and headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2011 revenues of $5.8 billion
- A client base that spans all industry sectors including financial services, manufacturing, media and communications, travel, transportation and real estate, and public sector.
- Over 14,000 highly skilled employees
- Established global footprint coupled with unrivalled experience in emerging markets
- Strategic partnerships with leading technology vendors, including Cisco and Microsoft
- Recognised industry leader with 88 vendor and industry awards in 2011
Job Title - Senior Consultant – Service provider Industry
Department - Professional Service
Objective / Purpose of duty:
Handling the complete presales and consulting activities for Service Provider clients to develop and acquire professional services business. Work with the sales team to meet Client’s requirements and expectations and help achieving the sales target.
Complete Presales activity, which includes, requirement gathering, solution presentation, solution architecture, proposal preparation, bill of material preparation, competition analysis, demonstrating the technology and products if required, preparing the scope of work and interacting with project teams providing guidance and technical inputs.
- Should support in educating and strengthening the sales and other functions with relevant contemporary technological advancements in SP domain.
- To interact and work jointly with the respective Dimension Data LOBs on new solution requirements. Align with required oem partners from solution development perspective.
- B. E / B. Tech in Electronics/Telecommunications computer science or equivalent degree in IT related field.
- CCDP/CCNP mandatory.
- CCIE- R & S / CCIE – SP preferable
Minimum 10 years over all experience with minimum 5 to 6 years in Presales / Systems engineer position handling Infrastructure projects with Service providers.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Domain knowledge of service provider industry
- Excellent knowledge in Service provider technologies like MPLS, Metro Ethernet, DSL, Cable Modem etc
- Good knowledge of WIMAX and related technologies
- Good knowledge of Cisco routers/ switches and security products.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IP telephony products like Call Manager, Voice gateways, IP phones etc.
- Domain knowledge in Routing, Multilayer switching, QoS and Voice over IP.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Independently handle all presales related activity and assist sales organization in closing the deals.
- Preferably knowledge in competition products from Juniper, Nortel, 3 COM etc.
- Should have worked in similar capacity in earlier organizations.
- Ability to interact and influence the Client Technology teams
- Ability to interact and close technical issues with Vendor organization like Cisco, EMC etc.
All applications need to carry a cover letter and the following details
Please send your resume to Neha Sharma - email@example.com
Contact number is 8826175500