Trefis (www.Trefis.com) an MIT Start-up
Experience: 5+ yrs
The founding team includes:
- An MIT PhD, Sloan MBA, Worked with McKinsey and Lehman Brothers
- An EECS grad from Cornell, former investment banker at UBS
- An MIT EECS grad, with experience, passion building online systems
We raised seed capital in November of 2008 (during the worst of times), launched the site publicly in of November 2009 and have seen excellent user adoption. In June 2010, we raised our first venture round. We are now looking to expand our team. This is an exciting time for our business, so if you are looking to make a ton of impact working with a small team, we want to hear from you.
People in our close group of mentors and advisers refer to Trefis as a big swing at a large space. If successful, we expect to redefine at the fundamental level, how individuals, both institutional and retail, access and use business news/information, and how corporations raise capital from the public.
If you want to be an internet entrepreneur / or want to do it again, this is a dream job. Expanding the breadth of our product and content will be the key focus. We are looking for people with solid analytical skills, who are naturally curious and interested in analyzing, understanding companies in depth.
This person will be involved with:
- Research team leadership and management - Assuming significant leadership responsibilities of our research team consisting of 10-20 financial analysts
a. Reviewing & guiding analysis related to companies covered by Trefis
b. Writing your own analysis about the companies in our coverage universe
- Recruitment and development of talent
a. Recruiting and developing additional analyst talent as the company grows
b. Developing a network of experts interested in contributing their own analysis on the Trefis platform
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years of experience in consulting/banking, or on buy/sell-side working on analysis of public companies
- Experience working in high performance environments in the U.S. The position is in New Delhi, India; however, U.S. work experience is important
- Ability to lead team of financial analysts with various levels of experience (MBAs and non-MBAs)
- Comfort with evaluating discounted cash flow and other related fundamental financial models
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Experience in an industry vertical (e.g. healthcare, financial services) is not required, but could be an asset
In addition, the incoming member will be engaged with all parts of the venture.
Led by MIT engineers and Wall Street analysts Trefis helps you understand how a company's products, that you touch, read, or hear about everyday, impact its stock price.
You can check our product platform on www.Trefis.com
Here you will get answers to questions like:
- What % of Apple's stock price is iPhones?
- What % of Dell's value is Dell Desktops?
- What % of Disney's value is Parks and Resorts?
- If Bing took half the market share from Google Search, what % upside could there be for Microsoft's stock?
The platform uses extensive data to show in a single snapshot what drives the value of a company's business.
For example, for Apple the Trefis price estimate is $550, and it shows in a single snapshot how more than 50% of that comes from iPhones, while Mac Notebooks is about 7%, and iPads is about 7% of the company’s stock price.
You can play with assumptions, personalize any forecast, or try scenarios, as well as ask questions and vet your opinions on specific forecasts with other users and experts.
Learn more about the Trefis Story here: https://www.trefis.com/about/
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
Location: New Delhi, India
Compensation: In addition to a base cash salary, compensation includes an equity portion, and will be commensurate with experience
Please review the qualifications/experience section carefully before reaching out to us.
You can send your resume to email@example.com
Subject line should be "Senior Analyst / India Team Lead"