MIX is an equal opportunity employer.
MIX, a non-profit corporation based in Washington, DC, is the world’s leading business information provider for the microfinance industry. The MIX achieves its goals in several ways: by getting standards of reporting accepted to make information more comparable, by aggregating and disseminating solid information about microfinance providers so that the subject is more easily researched and understood, and by providing related information services. By making solid information about the subject more accessible at a global level, so that performance benchmarks are more readily available, capital and technical resources can be more efficiently allocated and the overall amount of capital available to microfinance providers can increase.
MIX currently has 40+ employees, located in Washington, DC, and in its satellite offices in Peru, India and Morocco. For more information on MIX, visit: www.mixmarket.org
Job Title - Analyst, Senior Analyst, Asia
Job Type - Full-time
Reports to - Regional Manager, Asia
Location - Hyderabad, India
Serve as a microfinance analyst for Asia for a fast paced financial sector non-profit.
The qualified candidates will be responsible for contributing to the growth and expansion of MIX’s core activities in Asia in support of the organization’s goals of achieving reliable, comparable, publicly available information on the performance and outreach of microfinance institutions (MFIs). They will have the analytical and diplomatic skills required to increase the quantity and quality of information (data and analysis) available on MFIs. This position requires dynamic and self-motivated persons with an understanding of financial analysis and accounting.
To achieve these goals, the Analyst will have primary responsibility (80% of time) to:
- Manage relations with a portfolio of MFIs in the region;
- Solicit, collect, validate, reclassify, adjust and analyze MFI information;
- Update MFI and other related actor data in MIX database and systems;
- Produce MIX market intelligence studies in portfolio countries;
- Manage and expand contacts with all relevant regional microfinance actors, with a focus on MFIs; and
- Carry out research to further the MIX’s understanding of regional actors and developments affecting MFI performance.
The Analyst will have a secondary responsibility (20% of time) to support the other work of the MIX on any number of tasks including to:
- Contribute to shared analyst tools and systems;
- Market and promote MIX services to other actors in the industry.
The Analyst will work with a global team of Analysts and Regional Manager with a collective responsibility for industry analysis covering the globe in the performance and outreach of MFIs. The Director of Analysis and the Market Intelligence Lead works with this team on all aspects of the analysis process, in developing strategies for expanding regional outreach and coverage, meeting user demand, and in providing standards, tools and capacity building to regional actors.
- Bachelors / BComm in economics, finance, accounting/auditing, or relevant field. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Significant competency in accounting, audit, and financial analysis.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional regional languages preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and comfort with online databases are essential.
- Familiarity with and interest in microfinance or financial services sector preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Independent, self-starter;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Salary commensurate with qualifications and range for the position.
Qualified candidates should send an application packet to email@example.com and mention “Asia Analyst” in the subject line.
Your application packet should include a cover letter, résumé, one essay, and answers to the 3 pre-interview questions. To complete the essay portion of the application, please describe your interest in the microfinance sector and the MIX in particular in under 600 words. For the pre-interview portion of the application, please answer the following: 1) Your willingness to relocated to Hyderabad, if necessary; 2) Explain your level of expertise on the following skill sets: a) accounting, b) financial analysis, c) relationship management; and 3) Please specify you salary expectations (CTC).
The position is located in Hyderabad, India, and the closing date is April 5, 2012. Selected candidates will be interviewed shortly thereafter. MIX is looking for the Analyst to by early-mid May 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be interview. No phone calls please.