Looking for a 5+ years of relevant work experience in PLM Professionals for a leading Big8 Global Consulting Co. | headquartered in US.|
The Supply Chain Management Service Line houses individual who help clients develop strategies and operating models that integrate planning, procurement, product design, manufacturing and fulfillment functions within an organization, as well as connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain. SCM capabilities include Supply Chain Assessment and Strategy and, ideally, experience in the following skills: Business Model Development, Business Performance Management, Transformational Outsourcing.
Product Innovation and Product Lifecycle Management is one of the Practice Areas within Supply Chain Service Line and is defined as follows:
Product Innovation and Product Lifecycle Management is a solution that allows organizations and their customers, suppliers, and partners to manage a product’s complete lifecycle from design to build to eventual overhaul. Product Innovation and PLM allows all intra- and inter-enterprise participants to work together from any geographic location with full data security and control.Product Innovation and PLM often includes a combination of product development process improvement together with an enhancement in collaboration and knowledge management capabilities. To do this, it uses web-based enterprise application integration architectures, leverages existing data, systems, and processes, and employs a web-based workflow to provide closed-loop business process management and execution.
Purpose of Job:
The PLM group focuses on managing and leveraging core product definition data across the extended enterprise to reduce product costs, development costs, and time to market while increasing product innovation and market share capture. Our PLM practice is responsible for developing and implementing strategies, best practice methodologies, enabling technology solutions, and change management programs to help manage products across their entire lifecycle, from concept to end-of-life. PLM professionals within Supply Chain Service line focus on delivering comprehensive business solutions across various industries adding significant value and delivering benefits with an emphasis on the positive impact on the organization’s bottom-line.
Work independently in client facing situations as well as part of larger project teams in the design, development and implementation of new and improved business processes and enabling technology.
Demonstrate understanding of core PLM processes and best practices to help an organization improve outcomes. Typical process areas include:
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Requirements Management
- Part/BOM/CAx Data Management
- Engineering Change Management
- Component and Supplier Management
- Collaborative Design
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Supplier Integration
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
Support and/or guide team through problem definition, issue identification and work plan development using issue based problem solving principles
- Gather and document technical and functional user requirements
- Design and develop key PLM business processes
- Perform software assessments (vendor agnostic)
- Develop functional and technical specifications
- Support development of application and technical architecture
- Develop and execute business process test scripts, document outcomes, and perform analyze
- Develop data architecture and manage data migration efforts
- Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live
- Provide user go-live and ongoing support
Specific experiences will include:
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive business and / or consulting experience.
- Hands-on experiences in implementation of PLM solution preferably SAP PLM, Flex PLM, Teamcenter, MatrixOne etc.
- Consulting or functional experience in an Engineering division, product development, launch of new products, private label management
- Strong program management skills
- Preferably MBA from a Tier 1 B School with an Engineering Degree
- Global exposure will be desirable.
Key Competencies and Characteristics:
- This individual must be comfortable working at the highest levels of client organizations and interacting closely with the “C” level executives in a range of environments
- The individual should be comfortable functioning in a broadly positioned and highly diverse consulting firm
- The individual should possess an impressive executive demeanor, a team oriented and collaborative approach, and excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- The individual should have demonstrated entrepreneurial instinct
- The individual should possess and demonstrate high integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom s/he will work
- The individual should have strong intellect coupled with proficient commercial instincts
- The individual should be diplomatic, flexible, and have a good team approach.
- Individual should be open to travel in and outside the country
Industry Expertise (incase of industry background):
- Product Life Cycle Management (PLM)
- The PLM group focuses on managing and leveraging core product definition data across the extended enterprise to reduce product costs, development costs, and time to market while increasing product innovation and market share capture. Within the PLM Group, PLM Delivery practice is responsible for enabling technology solutions while leveraging best practice methodologies to help manage products across their entire lifecycle, from concept to end-of-life.
- Candidate must have previous experience in a lead role in product development in a consulting/corporate setting as well as experience working in one or more of the areas below:
- Requirements Management
- Part/BOM/CAx Data Management
- Design to Cost
- Engineering Change and Configuration Management
- Component and Supplier Management / Integration
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Quality Management / Value Engineering
Interested people can connect at email@example.com
Gajendra P Singh
Mount Talent Consulting, India, APAC & EMEA
Mount Technology Consulting Inc., USA
Public Profile : : http://in.linkedin.com/in/gajendrapratapsingh