SAS Consultant opening for CMMi Level 5 Client; 6month Contract Role
We have an urgent opening for SAS Consultant with one of our CMMI Level Client for UK.
The SAS Consultant would work with minimal supervision coordinating closely with the Customer’s Informatics Department, SAS programmers and analysts to provide SAS 9.2 / 9.3 consulting, and configure, implement and support SAS tools/solutions, provide end-user support for SAS users, develop simple and complex components (Reports, ETL Job, Base SAS code, Dashboard, Cube, information map) using SAS, and SAS data access tools, provide user support and training for data structure and use of the Customer Corporate Data Warehouse and other information repositories, create mapping specifications from source systems to new and expanded business intelligence systems, and design, test and implement new business intelligence systems, based on Customer’s corporate policies, industry best practices, and user community business requirements.
Responsible for SAS tools implementation/customization and providing production and operational systems enhancement to customers and management. Works with the Database Services Team Lead, various IT and business managers, and SAS users to determine effective business intelligence solutions and provides consulting participation with the development of business requirements
Specific Duties and Responsibilities for SAS DI/BI or DI & BI
- Responsible for Enterprise SAS Platform infrastructure architecture, design, and planning
- Responsible for Enterprise SAS infrastructure build, development, maintenance, software and support
- Responsible for Requirement understanding form business group, IT and infrastructure team convert the same in SRS document and business specification document
- Responsible for designing approach of implementing SAS Platform as per the Business process and System Requirement specification document
- Responsible for High level and Low Level design specification creation and documentation
- Should know industries standards and SAS best practices to implement SAS Platform for EBI and EDI
- Should have knowledge of Implementing SAS EDI for larger volume of data.
- Should have automated DI JOB using Platform scheduler and host scheduler with complex workflow senior
- In past should have worked on DI Job optimization for RDMBS as source
- Responsible for data warehouse design and build with concept of industries best practices
- Should have DW concepts clear
- Responsible for populating SCD type 2,3,1 dimension creation and maintenance
- Evaluate and then make recommendations on the following details:
- Data Requirements – staging areas, data mart(s), tables, validation rules, sample data, data loads, data archiving (history)
- Technical Requirements – system infrastructure, architecture, external interfaces, backup and recovery, security schemes, authentication methods, troubleshooting (errors and performance), third party integration.
- Test Requirements – system integration, user acceptance. Define the assumptions, dependencies, constraints, data sources, business rules, options, variables and selections for relevant data in use.
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS EBI. If required, create reports utilizing any of the EBI technology components and provide guidance as to which technology components are best suited for each desired report.
- Knowledge and past experience on SAS EBI Platform implementation which includes hands-on expertise of SAS Enterprises Guide, BASE SAS coding, Cube builder, Information Map, SAS Web Report Studio and Dashboard framework along with SAS Delivery portal.
- On-the-job coaching/mentoring of users on how to leverage new interfaces and capabilities, and work with relational database environment
- Added advantage of past experience of working on Teradata
- Take on the development of specific tasks in Enterprise Guide or EBI & provide knowledge transfer on the process back to customer user
- Troubleshoot technical problems associated with SAS processes
- Guidance on best practices for utilizing Enterprise Guide and the SAS EBI Server interfaces
- Mentoring around new capabilities available via the SAS EBI Server infrastructure, such as stored processes and the application of it to existing SAS programs.
- Guidance around leveraging the SAS Tools capabilities and new features for example in-database capabilities of SAS and Teradata available via SAS/ACCESS to Teradata, which is installed and available in the SAS EBI Server environment
- Past experience of working on MDX queries are added advantage
- Customization of SAS portal in terms of look to match with customer intranet portal
- Well versed and aware of user securities functionality; should know how to implement the same
- Good knowledge of SAS/Access for RDMBS like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 etc.
- Experience of creating Dashboards and reports from Stored process
- Experience of configuring SAS Portal for various role and user group using SMC
- Should have exposure of publishing channel implementation
- Should have worked on conditional highlight and creating complex reports using WRS and Stored process
- Strong knowledge of macro based and stored process based knowledge using EG will be added advantage
- Experience on stored process calling java script will be a plus point
- Creation of multiple filters and various views depending on user filters
- Should have experience of integrating SAS with LDAP and active directory
- Implementation of User security at row level using WRS, Infomap and SMC will be added advantage
- Server tuning and optimization of reporting and dashboard environment for load balancing will be added advantage
- Should have good knowledge of SAS service and server for stored process automations
- Should have worked in the past with multilingual functionality
- Migration of SAS EBI and DI from 9.1.3 to 9.2 or 9.2 to 9.3 will be added advantage
- Integration of SAS information delivery portal with Customer intranet will be added advantage
- Audit report of SAS EBI usage and web analytics reporting experience will be good
- Responsible for guiding and mentoring the team
- Responsible for handholding and knowledge transfer to customer’s IT, Business and infrastructure team will be must.
- Preparation of handover documents with backup and recovery planning and strategy
Job Location:- United Kingdom
Experience : - 4 - 7 yrs
We are only looking for Candidates who are residing in UK & who could join within 10 - 15 days of time
Interested candidates can send your resume at email@example.com / or firstname.lastname@example.org