We are currently looking for a Research Manager for one of our esteemed clients in Gurgaon.
Mentioned below is the Job Description of the role:
This role focuses on supporting Global Center for Banking and Capital Markets (BCM) sector. The candidate shall work closely and collaborate with Lead Analyst (Director) and Strategic Analyst (Associate Director) from (Sector Center).
The analyst impacts the firm’s strategic decision-making by providing insightful analysis, based on thorough knowledge of the BCM sector and markets. This insight is provided to firm leadership, BCM sector leadership and account leadership of the company’s priority accounts in BCM space. The analyst proactively monitors and anticipates trends and key issues in the BCM sector that impact company’s business and converts that knowledge into strategic research and analysis deliverables either on a proactive basis or in response to specific requests. The analyst supports the Sector Center by understanding their needs and designing/delivering focused and issues-based and/or market-based analysis that meets those needs. The analyst, in conjunction with the sector leadership and senior colleagues also plays a key role in driving the firm’s thought leadership program, which contributes to differentiating the firm in the marketplace.
The analyst builds and sustains strong relationships with the assigned sector leadership team and senior analysts and becomes part of the Sector Center team, largely through virtual interactions. He/she works on a regular basis with the sector leadership, including very senior partners and Sector Center directors. The analyst is also responsible for proactively identifying key sectoral issues that should fall on Sector Center’s radar and thereby help in contributing / co-developing Sector Center’s agenda, in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Works proactively and independently to produce insightful qualitative and quantitative analysis to support the Sector Center in developing sector knowledge insights for firm professionals, high value / impact pursuits and thought leadership.
- Un-packs events into key drivers and causes. Demonstrates the ability to develop multiple hypotheses, investigate the alternatives and recommend solutions. Draws together information from primary and secondary sources to prove or disprove hypotheses.
- Demonstrates expertise in applying analytical tools and techniques, specifically those relevant to the BCM community, and deftly uses them to address analytical issues. Demonstrates expertise in information sources relevant to the BCM sector.
- Transforms ideas into insights and has the ability to understand possible outcomes or implications. Demonstrates the ability to use “what if” approaches to determine the impact of changes in the BCM sector on the business of the assigned accounts, if applicable. Shows confidence in articulating and defending own perspectives and recommendations.
- Develops best practices around sector and account analysis, and shares them with peers and colleagues.
- Is well-conversant with service offerings and ‘go to market’ strategies. Demonstrates the ability to link companies solutions to current and expected trends and issues in the BCM sector and the assigned accounts (if applicable), and thereby identify business opportunities for the firm.
- Possesses the ability to collect and analyse information from internal and external subject matter experts through various techniques — face-to-face interviews, telephonic interviews, electronic surveys, etc.
- Reviews colleagues’ deliverables and advises on development of distinctive points of view regarding key findings. Coaches colleagues in raising the overall level of analysis.
- Participates in the training and development of colleagues to develop their understanding of the BCM domain.
Communication / Expression:
- Demonstrates strong analytical abilities. Articulates points of view clearly and coherently.
- Presents information visually in a compelling manner, supplementing text and narrative, tailored to the audience.
- Demonstrates sophisticated written and spoken presentation skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with sector leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and advise colleagues on structured thinking and expression.
- Is able to build and maintain relationships across the globe, largely through virtual interactions, using telephone, video conference, Same-time and other electronic communication tools.
- Works effectively in virtual teams across geographies.
- Possesses strong executive presence. Builds and sustains enduring relationships with key stakeholders in the Sector Center as well as the knowledge community.
- Interfaces with the firm leadership and Sector Center leadership on a formal and informal basis to share insights and emerging viewpoints, mostly using virtual tools as the primary communication channel. Is sought by the sector leadership regularly for advice and insights on BCM sector and account issues.
- Works to become a trusted virtual team member of the Sector Center as well as the SMI networks.
- Maintains regular contact with subject matter specialists, both within and outside of the company.
- Conducts presentations, training, and workshops for Sector Center and company staff on key business issues/developments at the sector and account levels.
- Develops project plans and manages projects, including objectives, timelines, milestones, priorities, team member responsibilities and work products.
- Monitors progress and regularly updates stakeholders on potential overruns and changes; re-negotiates timelines, scopes changes and budgets if necessary.
- Develops project work products collaboratively with team members that focus on measurable business impact.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including financial analysis skills
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior partners of the company, using primarily virtual communication methods
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision, and produce timely deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, with strong work ethic and initiative; proactive in identifying issues and opportunities and delivering insightful solutions
- Good project and time management skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent team player; comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Highly responsive to customer requests; able to prioritize conflicting needs
- Confidence to provide and defend a point of view; high level of attention to detail
- Expert in information sources relevant to the BCM sector
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Passionate about research and analysis, and its practical application in the corporate environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Reviews the work of colleagues and coaches them
- May require occasional travel
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal
- Relevant education (e.g., economics, finance or business studies) or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree or postgraduate qualification an advantage
- 8+ years of experience in a corporate environment
- Understanding of banking sector at global level would be a must
- Detailed knowledge and proven track record in conducting banking and other financial services industry and company research and analysis
- Knowledge and experience within a professional services environment an advantage
Kindly send us your profile along with the below mentioned details if you are interested in the role and have the right fitment as mentioned
Please feel free to call me in case you need any further clarity.
References for this role are welcome.
Current CTC (Fixed + variable):
Notice Period (if negotiable):
Total Work Experience:
Exprience in the current role:
Looking for a change - Reason:
Willing to Relocate:
Highest Qualification Held:
Year of enrolment & year of completion:
Director - Eminence Search
Phone : +91.9987622227 -