Job Title - Due Diligence
Category - Research/ Consulting
Analyst Principal Investors Centre of Competence (PI CoC)
DEPARTMENT - Principal Investors Centre of Competence of a Big Consulting Firm
LOCATION - Gurgaon
Principal Investors Center of Competence (PI CoC)
PI CoC is part of Global PE/PI practice of the Consulting Firm. The practice focuses on serving Principal Investor (PI) clients across 3 client segments: Diversified Conglomerates, Private Equity Firms and Sovereign Wealth Funds. The practice has a large number of PI-affiliated partners/APs and associates across Asia, who work closely with clients during their due diligence transaction and value capture process.
Our level of support to clients in this area has been increasing over the past years. With this in mind, Global PE/PI practice developed Principal Investors PI CoC in 2008. The objective of PI CoC is to dramatically increase the speed with which principal investors expertise & knowledge - both Firm-internal and external - is delivered and deployed into both due diligence engagements and principal investors portfolio work. The aim is for PI CoC to become a core global expertise hub for the PE/PI practice.
Overview of the Position
PI CoC is looking for Analysts with past experience strategy consulting and/or due diligence (strategic). The Analyst would be expected to perform the following roles:
- Work as part of consulting & PI CoC project teams on pre due diligence & due diligence projects & client development efforts (75-80%).
- Contribute to knowledge initiatives e.g. codification of Due Diligence best practices & sector knowledge (20-25%)
This role will provide global exposure (cross geography, cross industry) and opportunity to build deep functional capability around due diligence topics.
Analyst would grow into a Senior Analyst role, leading teams of analysts on client projects. Career growth from there on could be either on a specialist track focusing on due diligence expertise or a managerial track focusing around people leadership & client relationship management.
The analyst would be located in Gurgaon, India, however, he/she should be open to extensive travel to serve clients onsite (within India & abroad).
Knowledge & Skills required -
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated both a strong business sense and good understanding of due diligence topics & process. Candidates must also possess the following hallmarks of excellent problem solving skills, team skills, entrepreneurial ability, and strong communication skills:
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and ability to gather information around it and make informed/logical assumptions where required
- Strong excel modeling skills (e.g. industry/market sizing, company revenue/profit forecasts etc)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; prior experience in a multi-national environment desirable.
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality.
- Able to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are challenged regularly
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (knowledge on MS Excel & Powerpoint is a must ; knowledge of MS Access is an added advantage)
Education & Previous Experience
- Applicants should possess a post graduate degree (CA, MBA or CFA) from a reputed institution
- At least 2-3 yrs of experience at transaction advisory or private equity or strategy consulting firms with exposure to the due diligence process
Commensurate with work experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Signature Staff Private Limited
A-1, Sector-10, Noida 201301