1) Job Title: Regional Key Accounts Manager
2) Department: Lighting - Professional Channel
3) Reports to : Functional Reporting to National Key Accounts Manager, Administrative reporting to Regional Sales Manager, North Region
4) Education: MBA in Sales and Marketing from Tier 1 Business Schools in India – Batch of 2007 and 2008
- 5-6 years of B2B Sales Experience in Leading Infrastructure and Heavy Engineering companies in India.
- The incumbent should have an experience of interacting with Large End Users (accounts) while having handled / interacted with Architects, Electrical Consultants, Electrical Contractors in the buying process.
- Preferable to have experience in interacting with customers like Railways, NHAI, Airports, Ports, Military Engineering Services, Ports, Other Modern Infrastructures, Big Municipal Corporations, City Development Authorities, CPWD, PWD, etc.
- Should know how to read CAD drawings. Its preferred though not mandatory.
- Should be able to understand turnkey electrical projects (Preferable)
6) Key Competencies/ Proficiency:
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills is essential.
- Knowledge & experience to build up new relations & connections in positive terms.
- Strong organizational skills, self starter, ability to work under pressure, team player.
- Ability to front end with large accounts at same time influence a team (not reporting) to ensure result delivery
- Advanced level of skills in Analysis, communication, negotiations, financials, presentation, persuasion and multi–tasking.
- Proven record of establishing and maintaining long term sales relationships
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to “think out of the box”
- Develops, coordinates and implements account plans for identified regional accounts in defined segment. This plan includes lighting solution offer, pricing, necessary KA documentation, drawing resources (e.g. Segment/Product Management, LIDAC) including supply chain issues. Initiate KA (pre-) selection and propose new accounts
- Establishes and maintains prime relationships with relevant officers of Key Account, particularly with key decision-makers. Ensures maximum leverage between lighting solution offered and KA needs.
- Builds project tracking per account and brings in team working in realizing these projects. Every project will have an electrical consultant, electrical contractor, Architect or more stakeholders hence team working is key. Since he or she leads the end user (key account) and is senior within the team, needs to ensure team working for project realization
- Leads, within set authorization, the internal preparation and external execution of the negotiation process. Ensures organizational practices and principles of negotiation are followed with results realized.
- For existing & newly developed KA constantly formulates, implements & monitors account objectives regarding sales, account share and other KPI’s.
- Plan & Carry/Support out local marketing activities as per agreed budgets & timescales & and integrate personal sales efforts with regional team for various workshops & seminars.
- Business development with Key Accounts for New point as well as replacement business opportunities & achieve revenue from these accounts.
- Play lead in driving new products at Key accounts. Bring in market intelligence.
- Ensure driving Net Promoter Score at Accounts. Ensures we deliver on our commitments for sustained account share
- MIS and Reporting
In case you are interested in this opening, please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject as “Regional Key Accounts Manager, Lighting – Professional Channel”)
Within your email, please mention the following:
- Location Preference (if any):
- Current Company:
- Current Role:
- Current Location:
- Current CTC:
- Notice Period: