Focus areas would include recruitment & selection, payroll & benefits administration, statutory compliance, training and development, performance management and associate & community relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of Regional HR Head will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish a culture amongst associates which reflects the Company’s core values and constantly reinforce it to ensure all associates live the values.
- Manage the recruiting and selection process for the Region with a view to provide the best talent to stations and departments across the Region, efficiently and on time.
- Manage the orientation programme in the Region in accordance with Company standards and ensure all associates at all stations within the Region are on-boarded effectively.
- Manage the new-hire training, testing and certification of all associates.
- Identify training needs in the Region and create, implement and oversee the Region’s training programs and learning systems to enable high productivity and career development.
- Maintain a training database and training records for the Region; and plan and prepare training calendars and submit training reports on a monthly basis to Corporate HR as per laid down standards.
- Create a learning environment in the Region.
- Establish a performance-oriented culture within the Region by ensuring all associates have job descriptions and clear business goals; and are appraised periodically and given timely feedback on their performance.
- Play the role of an ‘associate advocate’ to all associates; and coach and counsel them when considered necessary.
- Administer compensation and benefits with a view to ensure fairness and internal equity.
- Drive recognition programs in the Region with a view to motivate, reward and retain associates
- Manage the Company’s associate relations program by initiating appropriate interventions to ensure high associate engagement and consistent and fair application of statutes and Company policies.
- Ensure meetings are conducted in the Region and minutes are circulated as per Company standards.
- Ensure associates are valued for their diversity and have a safe work environment.
- Ensure HR cost is controlled and is in line with the budget.
- Carry out periodic rap sessions with associates to proactively ensure high associate satisfaction.
- Drive community activities with a view to inculcate civic values and social responsibility amongst associates and position the Company as a good Corporate Citizen.
- Analyse attrition, productivity and other metrics with a view to enable optimum utilization of human resources and share the findings with Regional team members during Regional meetings.
- Establish career plans for all associates with a view to align individual and company goals.
- Establish a succession plan within the Region.
- Develop good relations with highly diverse associates, customers, shareholders, vendors, community agencies and other stakeholders.
- Establish a strong employer brand within the Region by marketing the Company’s culture and policies internally as well as externally amongst potential associates, recruiters, trainers and Institutions.
- Initiate periodic organizational diagnosis to check relevance of structure, positions, reporting relationships, span of control et al.
- Drive innovative thinking within your teams to establish ‘next practices’ in people management. At the same time, current HR practices must be constantly reviewed with a view to improve them and make them more effective.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources Management with at least five years of post qualification experience in the service industry.
- Media experience would be preferred
- Basic computer skills and should be proficient in MS Office.
- Good internal customer focus and an ability to work under pressure.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Asst Vice President of Human Resources
- Vice President Human Resources
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org