This position plays hands on leadership role for the quantitative analysts. It will include demonstrating analytical tools and developing methodologies for team efficiency.
This position is responsible for analysing complex financial instruments and evaluating them. It requires building/programming computer models to reflect appropriate market conditions.
The incumbent will be trained in Financial instruments and Quantitative techniques. The Analyst will use his proven EXCEL, VBA skills to collect terms and conditions for the instruments, track current market conditions. The Analyst will perform the analysis on a daily basis.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Access, EXCEL, SQL,VB & VBA Skills, or similar database and query writing experience is required
- An understanding of the financial instruments such as Bonds, Loans, Swaps, etc. is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, take full ownership of projects and work independently is required
- Must have exceptional mathematical, analytical and organisational skills
- Must be able to respond quickly to critical business needs, prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail is vital, as is accuracy whilst working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Required is an excellent understanding of written and spoken English
- University degree in mathematical fields such as Engineering, Mathematics or Science is preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- 1 – 4 years work experience within a financial institution preferably working with Quantitative analysis is preferred.
- An understanding of fixed income products including Bonds and Syndicated Loans is preferred.
- Experience with derivative products, including Interest Rate, FX and Credit Default Swaps is preferred.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org