CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide vision, direction and empowerment of plant quality systems and the staff
- Will have direct responsibility for the Manufacturing Quality, Customer Quality and Quality Systems aspect of the Operations. Drive Quality metrics
- Develop and support quality systems; set direction for quality systems for certifications, procedures, PQC’s, suppliers, new productions and audit processes
- Champion post-mortem exercises following major product events to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement that feed the goal tree based on priority.
- Set the Quality systems direction and maintain ownership for PQCs/cost of coverage, certifications, procedures, suppliers, new products and audit processes
- Provide customer quality improvement for OEM defects (BIS), Early Life Failures (ELF) and supplier defects (PPM)
- Provide support to manufacturing on “right first time” manufacturing planning
- Provide direction and leadership to quality management team (i.e. work plans, IDPs, quarterly reviews, annual reviews and rating process)
- Provide quality direction and leadership for all new plant product launch readiness programs and cost of coverage programs
- Champions goal tree development linking sub-unit improvement work to the organization’s goal tree.
- Lead the assessment of skills and development of Individual Development Plans for team members
- Responsible for leading and establishing and maintaining quality assurance standards, procedures, and controls
- Act as key quality representative for supplier and customer audits. Act as Management Representative for matters related to the Plant’s Quality System Certification (e.g. ISO9000, TS16949, etc).
- Responsible for working with the Supplier Quality function to drive sustainable, timely improvements and prevent component defects from impacting the business.
This position impacts the strategic and day-to-day operation of quality systems
Sets direction and provides data to all customers as it relates to product quality (supplier quality, internal/external customer defects and cost of coverage
- Requires previous experience with Six Sigma tools and processes and a detailed understanding of the quality systems .
- Should have knowledge of problem solving techniques such as 7-Step, RPS, 8-D, DOE, etc
- Should possess analytical skills and other statistical quality tools such as SPC, MSA, etc
- This individual must be able to handle all direct Quality staff and provide direction to his/her direct reports
- Expert knowledge of Six Sigma, Cost of Coverage, ISO Certification are required
- Understand the relationship between the plant functions and the support role of Quality Function in achieving plant performance metrics
- Business knowledge regarding cost management and AOP.
- Expert understanding of Quality Practices and tools
- Strong Engineering background based in a manufacturing environment
- Strong management, leadership, administration and organizational skills and experience
- 10-15 years experience within Quality Engineering or a related field,
- 6 Sigma trained
Please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com