We, TASK STAFFING SOLUTIONS PVT.LTD (www.taskstaffing.com) are a leading Recruitment and Executive Search Consulting firm, with its Corporate Office at Ahmedabad. We partner with and provide services to Indian and Multinational Corporate Clientele across Industries and specialize in Middle and Senior Management placements across functions.
We have been retained for one of the leading Research Firm for the following position
Analyst– PSM (Purchasing and Supply Management) Centre of Competence
DEPARTMENT: Purchasing & Supply Management Centre of Competence (CoC)
The company is looking for an Analyst with past experience in operations management, specifically Purchasing and Supply Management. The Analyst would be expected to spend most of his/her time working as part of client service teams across the globe on operations management/ supplier management topics and take lead in knowledge management. The Analyst would be located in Gurgaon, India, however, would be required to travel extensively to serve clients onsite.
Analyst would grow into a Senior Analyst role, leading teams of analysts on client projects. Career growth from there on could be either on a specialist track focusing on content leadership or a managerial track focusing on people leadership. High performing individuals on the specialist track could also transition to an expert consultant track and be eligible for election to a Partner in the Firm.
The Purchasing and Supply Management (PSM) team of the company is one of the Centres of Competence (CoC) for the Firm. Over the past year, the CoC has become the core global knowledge and delivery hub for the PSM practice.
The Analyst would spend significant part (70-75%) of his/her time working onsite as part of consulting teams helping solve complex client problems in purchasing, sourcing and supplier Management domain. For example, helping to significantly reduce the input costs of a manufacturing unit through strategic sourcing.
The remaining time (~25%) will be spent on developing cutting edge knowledge related to the PSM domain and in delivering specialized remote services to clients.
The analyst will be expected to perform the following roles:
- Work on various purchasing engagements, provide expert client service (spend analysis, TCO/cleansheet costing, contract analysis, supplier identification, saving idea/lever identification, sourcing strategy development, RFQ management and analysis, negotiation strategy development and tracking mechanism development) for varied industries / categories
- Support development and maintenance of various practice knowledge initiatives (build Firm’s knowledge on procurement related topis)
This is a global role (cross geography, cross industry) and would work well for those who truly envision themselves growing into ‘experts’ within the PSM domain.
Knowledge & Skills Required
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated both a strong business sense and deep understanding of foundations of PSM. Candidates must also possess the following hallmarks of excellent problem solving skills, team skills, entrepreneurial ability, and strong communication skills:
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and ability to gather information around it and make informed/logical assumptions where required
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; prior experience in a multi-national environment desirable.
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality.
- Able to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (knowledge on MS Excel 2003 / 2007 is a must ; also knowledge on MS Access, Powerpoint is an added advantage)
- Knowledge / experience on e-procurement tools – spend analysis tools, RFQ tools etc is an added advantage
Education & Previous Experience Required
- BE/BTech from a reputed engineering college. In addition to an Engineering degree, an MBA from a reputed B-School with specialization preferably in Operations will be an added advantage.
- Relevant industry / consulting experience of 2-5 years in the areas of purchasing, sourcing, supplier identification and management, vendor development, costing etc. will be a definite advantage.
BE and MBA - SCM/Operations –2008 / 2009 /2010 Batches Only ( Premier Institutes Only )
BE / B.Tech – Mechanical – 2006/2007/2008 Batch
Must have scored First Class in 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post-Graduation
Please send us your at email@example.com with below details -
CTC (Fixed + Variable)
TASK STAFFING SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.
14, 3rd Floor, Zodiac Square, Opp. Gurudwara, S. G. Highway, Ahmedabad