About People Group
While People Group can trace it’s origins to the beginning of Shaadi.com in 1996, the Group was formally launched by Anupam Mittal in 2004 to explore opportunities in the Internet & Mobile space. In a few short years the group has earned the reputation for being one of the most innovative businesses in India, having developed brands such as Shaadi.com, Makaan.com and Mauj Mobile.
The group is structured into two different companies - People Interactive and People Infocom.
People Interactive is the Consumer Internet arm of the Group and owns the brand Makaan.com, under which successful real estate business is managed. The company also owns Shaadi.com, world largest matrimony site, as well as Fropper.com, a friendship and social networking service.
People Infocom is managed under the Mauj Mobile brand, widely regarded as one of the pioneers of Mobile Internet in India. Today, Mauj Mobile runs a global content and applications platform and distribution business - including the highly popular mobile destination called Mobango - with strong partnerships with Telecom operators and media companies around the world. Mauj and Mobango together drive over one million downloads a day.
People Group has demonstrated consistent growth year-on-year and today operates with over 800 employees across 12 regional and 3 global offices. In addition, it operates 100 Shaadi Centers in 87 Indian cities.
People Group has won the Deloitte Fast 50 India Award for 3 consecutive years as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Award. It is a recipient of the prestigious Red Herring 100 Asia Award and the Emerging India Award held by CNBC. People Group has also been voted as one of the Top 10 marketers in India by Business Today. People Group won the IT People Award for Excellence in Information Technology and was also selected as one of the Top 10 marketers in the country by Business Today.
Investors in People Group include Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, Silicon Valley Bank and Citibank.
Title - Manager – PR, Makaan.com
Manager – PR is primarily responsible for strategic PR planning, defining, delivering, and continuously innovating on activities that will positively position the brand Makaan.com as a friend who can help people achieve their real estate goals. PR manager should strive to create a differentiator in the mind of the people regarding the brand.
- To conceptualize and execute PR strategy for the organization.
- Ensuring timely delivery of PR initiatives through proper planning, scheduling and execution.
- To be in regular touch with journalist community that writes / covers real estate and Online companies. This includes journalist in Newspapers, Magazines (business & general), Online , Radio and TV.
- To regularly participate in media stories related to real estate and position Makaan.com favorably as an Industry expert for buying and renting property in India.
- To plan and execute PR activities on an ongoing basis including (but not limited to) conducting surveys & data analysis for the benefit of the property seeking population in India.
- To ensure effective and cordial public relationship
- To carry forward critical business initiatives launched in the past including Makaan.com Property Index (MPI) and Makaan.com Buy Vs Rent Index (MBRI)
- To work on contend syndication for our website MakaanIQ
- Coordination with Technology and Product team for effective PR implementation
- PR Manager should be a Graduate (any stream) with a Post Graduate / Diploma in Mass Communication / PR / Journalism / Marketing.
- The person should have 5-6 years of experience in PPR and communication related jobs in corporate real estate or Online companies.
- High level of enthusiasm coupled with innovative thinking.
- Should be mature, creative, highly motivated, resistant to stress, adaptable, and decisive.
- The ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, with other managers, staff, and the public is vital.
- Compassion, tact, good judgment, and exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective personal relationships with supervisory and professional staff members and other stakeholders is essential.
- Should be able to multitask.
- A high level of creativity,and strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with making presentation is important.
- Computer skills are vital.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse task and responsibilities.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written), Hindi and any other regional language would be an added advantage.
- National media contacts will be appreciated
Good to have
- MBA from top B School
- Experience in Managing PR of an Internet based consumer product organization
- Delhi / NCR based
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org