Job Title - Plant Manager
Location - Mumbai
Role Objective -
- Responsible for plant operation, production planning, maintenance and Administration.
- Responsible for plant production goals. Establish and maintain community relations.
- Foster a well - trained and motivated staff.
- Responsible for all Manufacturing, Distribution operations
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- To manage local administration and local community
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Formulate manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure optimum utilization of resources
- Responsible for Capex and OTIF
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad - hoc basis, depending on need.
- Execute capital projects per plan.
- Overall facility management for STC and the plant from regulatory, safety, security and policy point of view.
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with the local authorities
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered and that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all
employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for construction input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures.
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping.
- Responsible for establishing all shift production schedules.
- Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.
- Develop second line of leaders in the organization by creating development opportunities and coaching / mentoring to utilize these opportunities
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
- Responsible for the product quality control for the plant.
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
Primary Interactions - procurement team, Logistic team, planning, sales &marketing ,IT and External people
Education - MBA/PGDBM and Bachelors in Engineering
Experience - 15 - 20 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and skill set
- Direction of plant operations and community relations requires significant manufacturing knowledge as well as advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
Proficient in IT
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of spreadsheet applications like MS Excel, V look up etc..
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong Administrative skills to manage the external community e as well as internal people.
- Proven ability to build, sustain, and influence relationships, at all levels of an organization.
- Strong planning and decision - making skills.
Industry Type - FMCG, Lubricant, chemical, paints, process or related industries
Pleases end your resume to email@example.com
Consultant - Automotive
Antal International Network
402, Shalimar Morya Park, Off New Link Road, Andheri (w), Mumbai – 400 053, India