I want to share an opportunity into manufacturing and steel fabrication industry
The company is into design & manufacturing of architectural products used in public spaces around the world.
POSITION TITLE: Plant Head
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The company is in the process of setting a plant for the Elevator Interiors range of products in Pune and in due course of time their existing plant for the Bonded Metal products would be relocated to the site of the new Elevator Interiors plant. The incumbent of this position would lead both these plants and also handle project activities at the site.
- To lead the project of establishing a new manufacturing facility in line with company strategy.
- To ensure that the plant maintains and constantly improves on desired profitability.
- To ensure the smooth functioning of the plant at desired optimal level.
- To ensure that the desired output from plant is achieved at optimal cost, time and quality.
- To ensure that all quality and Safety, Health and Environment parameters are met and adhered to.
- Production planning also covering project management, production scheduling, production processes, standards and methods, also covering areas of manufacturing engineering
- Compliance with legal requirements pertaining to safety, security, pollution, environment issues and handling external relationships with government and semi
government bodies relevant to a manufacturing activity
- Employee relations, motivation and team leadership, manpower planning, training & development with respect to plant.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical) from a reputed Institution/ University.
- Additional qualifications like M. Tech/ M.B.A. desirable.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in relevant engineering industries with an exposure to sheet metal fabrication.
- Hands-on experience to sheet metal cutting, forming, welding etc. on laser cutters, sheers, saws and CNC machines.
- Knowledge of Marathi as a language or having prior work-experience in Pune/ Maharashtra involving extensive dealing with locals/ labor bodies would be an added advantage
- Successfully setting up a greenfield site would be advantageous
- Exposure to modern manufacturing techniques and processes covering SPC, TQM, ISO 9000 / QS 9000, Kaizen, TPM, 5 S techniques, manufacturing systems, quality circles etc. would be an added advantage.
- Prior international travel on work would be beneficial as this role would involve immediate and regular trips to headquarter in USA.
- Should have clear understanding on working across a multi-cultural organization and matrix reporting relationships.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Prior work experience in an US MNC preferred.
- Personal attributes
- Good communication skills
- Line reporting to – India Country Manager.
- Staff reporting to – V.P. Manufacturing, USA.
- Team reporting into this position
- 2 Production Managers: Bonded Metal Line and Elevator Interiors line,
- Chemical Engineer,
- Maintenance engineer
- Other plant staff.
- Work coordination with CFO and accounts team (US and India), Sourcing team, customer service team (India and UAE) and Engineering team, sales team (India, APAC and UAE).
Compensation: 20-25 Lac
Please send your resume to email@example.com