IBM is well known as one of the world’s largest information technology companies, operating in more than 170 countries worldwide, with more than 100 bn USD in revenue and 400000 employees worldwide.
Strategy & Transformation (S&T) - Background
IBM's Strategy & Transformation (S&T) Practice, which is a part of the Global Business Services (GBS) works with clients across the globe to envision their future strategic roadmap operationalize those strategies and transform their enterprises. Capabilities within the Practice are organized in four primary competencies:
- Innovation and Growth (I&G)
- Operations and Finance (O&F)
- Organization and People (O&P)
S&T India Global Delivery center (S&T GD) works across all these dimensions and today has strategy consultants working on global projects across various industry groups. Apart from consulting engagements, the team is also expected to contribute to business development initiatives in collaboration with IBM’s global network.
Operations and Finance (O&F) – Background
In the Operations and Finance Strategy space in India GD, we currently have S&T consultants, who are involved in projects around 5 key offering areas –
- Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Product and Service Lifecycle Management
- Finance Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
Strategy & Transformation Global Delivery (S&T GD) comprises multi-dimensional capabilities consistent with the S&T competencies. The hybrid business model delivers services to be provided to both external clients globally and the IBM Corporation.
The Supply Chain Strategy Service Area of S&T GD comprising Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain and Logistics management and Product & Service Lifecycle management engages with some of the world’s biggest companies to design the future model of their supply chains to improve their planning and to optimize their end to end operations involving :
- Designing strategies that improve effectiveness and efficiency of processes and support innovation across the value chain.
- Optimizing all aspects of planning, sourcing, fulfillment and logistics to drive out cost and improve performance
- Transforming procurement and supplier management capabilities end-to-end
- Building a smarter and sustainable supply chain
- Managing development and support of complex products and services from product design to post-sale service
- Accelerating time to market, improve new product and service introductions and cut product lifecycle costs
Job Description for S&T GD Supply Chain Strategy Consultants:-
The IBM S&T GD Supply Chain Strategy practice is looking for Supply Chain professionals who have a mix of Consulting and Industry experience to lead (or play a key role in) management consulting engagements for global clients or for IBM Corporation. Working alongside our talented and widely experienced consultants, you’ll have the opportunity to determine innovative solutions which overcome complex business challenges. On a daily basis, you’ll transform supply chain performance and deliver real business improvements for our clients. Whether it’s in strategy, planning, operations or technology, your advice will help our clients to get better visibility of their supply chains and to operate more efficiently and effectively.
Our consultants, who typically work with client project teams, are responsible for supply chain / operations analysis, problem solving, financial modeling, general business analysis, research, and report or presentation generation for the client or project team. Our consultants are expected to be active members of their project teams, providing new ideas and building on the suggestions of other team members. Consultants are also expected to play a key role in client communications through informal discussions and formal status reports. In addition, we are actively involved in the application and transfer of specific skills and knowledge to the client through daily project work and structured training programs. Outside of client project work, you are encouraged to get involved in business development activities with new and existing clients, practice line development, publication of thought leadership articles and recruiting activities.
Skills and Experience Requirement:-
- Relevant industry and/or consulting experience in supply chain strategy.
- Candidates should have implementation experience in the following areas:
- Sales & operations planning
- Demand Planning
- Integrated supply chain planning
- Network design and optimization
- Inventory optimization
- Strategic sourcing
- Procurement transformation
- Must exhibit effective oral and written communication, leadership, project management, and teamwork skills with an ability to interact effectively with different levels of management
- Must possess excellent analytical skills with proficiency in core consulting and supply chain management tools, methods, and frameworks
- Prefer candidates that have experience in delivering complex supply chain projects and initiatives with tangible results, working across organizational boundaries, and interfacing with senior executives
- Should have Global exposure, dealing & interacting with Clients across the Globe
- Demonstrating a strong track record of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction
- Knowledge of supply chain packages especially iLog is definitely a plus.
- Experience in using any of the statistical packages like SPSS, JMP, SAS, Minitab is also preferred.
- Preferred industry experience in Retail, Industrial, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Chemicals & Petroleum, Metals and Mining, Travel and Transportation
- We are looking at hiring professionals with 3 to 15 years of overall work experience.
Academic and professional Qualifications:-
- Preferred Masters Degrees include:
- MBA – General, Operations, Finance
- MS – Industrial Engineering (or related)
- Preferred undergraduate degrees include:
- BS – Math, Engineering & Science (including Computer Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc)
- BA – Finance/accounting, Business Economics/Administration, Social Sciences and/or Liberal Arts
- Preferred certifications/ training in one or more of the following:
- Project Management, APICS Certified (CIRM/CPIM), SPC trained, JIT Certified (JIT Institute, KPS), Procurement Certified (CPM), quality (CQE), Lean Six Sigma Green, Black or Master Black Belt (DMAIC/DMEDI)
Location - Bangalore, NCR, Mumbai / Pune
Language Requirements - Fluency in English is a must. Any other international language skill will be an added advantage since projects can be in non English speaking countries as well.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please mail me your profile with your name and years of Experience in the subject line to email@example.com