Manager – Operations (Chennai)
Scope: Overall operations management for multi customer Chakan plant
Education: Bachelor of Engineering or Higher
- Requires 10-12 years experience.
- Preference will be given to the candidate from the automotive / manufacturing industry background.
- Excellent communication skills including English, Hindi & Marathi.
Job Specific Comments:
- Quality of the products manufactured are in line with customer and Lear requirement and standards.
- Define, implement, sustain and improve systems and procedures for operations and ensure working is aligned to it.
- Define short-term and long term objectives and targets in line with company overall direction with plant manager.
- Define the key performance indicators in line with company and quality policy.
- Continuously improve the processes for better performance on QCDSM. To get the schedule from planning department, decide production plan and allocate manpower accordingly.
- Planning, Budgeting and monitoring resources needed and keep it current with the changing environment.
- Co-ordination and healthy working with other departments.
- Validation of new processes and releasing for regular production
- Utilize the resources available to the fullest capacity.
- Plan production schedules for various sub activities.
- Ensure capacity utilization for the scheduled up time.
- Continuously improve upon the performance indicators to achieve the targets defined.
- To work to achieve FTY, DPPM & 5S goals/targets.
- Continuously try to improve productivity.
- Motivate, train & guide the workforce.
- Training to operators & contract workers.
- Define the targets per operator & motivate them to achieve the same.
- Generate the awareness of the non-conformities of the product & process amongst the operators.
- Actively participate in Continuous improvement activities.
- To maintain healthy atmosphere on the shop floor.
- Inculcate and maintain culture of discipline amongst the work force.
- Maintain high order of 5S on shop floor.
- Adhere to the systems and procedures laid down (this includes-code of conduct, quality procedures, system related procedures)
- To ensure that following activities are online:-
- Consumption/use of material as per BOM.
- Generation & release material requisition to stores based on the production plan.
- Proper records of all rejections (line rejection, customer rejection & salvage ) are maintained.
- Booking of all the products produced in the QAD / ERP.
- To fulfill TS 16949 requirement for production department.
- Quality of production through first piece inspection and confirm quality before production starts.
- Rejection for process and vendor and get approval form Quality head before scrapping in system and physically and salvage for OK material in rejected frames.
- To ensure DPPM, CPK within the specified limits.
- Follow up with inter functions like planning, quality, store, dispatch, purchase, engineering, maintenance for related issues.
- D-3 rejection & rework monitoring and system entries.
- To plan for the shortfall at the end of shift due to shortages of material.
- To generate, approved and submit to HR, the overtime records on daily basis.
- To give the requirements of consumables to purchase.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org