AVP - Operational Risk, Mumbai
Mumbai | Permanent
Opportunity to work with leading global Investment bank
Attractive Package and Career progression opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Investment Bank with strong presence across America, Asia Pacific and the emerging markets. As part of their Equities business in their investment banking operations team - they seek an exceptional leader who's a proven expert in Operational Risk across investment banking products and processes to grow their Mumbai team.
- Reporting to the Vice President, you will be responsible for Managing multiple teams within Securities Operations function as part of Global Equity Business Services.
- You will ensure operational risk management along with managing staff, performing administrative functions and troubleshooting.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring the operations environment is run in a controlled manner, ensuring that all KPIs are achieved and delivered to the standards agreed.
- The job holder also needs to ensure the resources both human and technological are managed effectively to ensure that all operational risks are mitigated, there is coverage to ensure any business requirements, standard and non-standard are understood and met at all times.
- Job holder needs to be able to manage market-driven flows, understand the client and market needs and be able to manage the team to adapt to these to ensure delivery
- Other responsibilities include cross -training, succession planning, Preparation of Management reports and contributing to departmental initiatives, and working with various departments to ensure timely and accurate processing of all activities on a daily basis within the given timelines.
The Successful Applicant
- The Ideal candidate should have seven to ten years of Investment Banking operations experience of which at least 4 years of hands on experience in Trade operations
- Must have strong knowledge of trade life cycle and on various financial products like Equities, Structured and customised derivatives, Fixed income, Exchange traded funds etc and Settlements
- Should have at least 3 years experience of managing relatively large teams
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and develop strong working relationship with both internal and external groups
- Comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders and complex situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Experience of client facing roles (internal & external)
- Minimum qualification required is graduate, preferably in commerce or business management.
- Coaching and feedback ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.Flexibility to work in shifts (predominantly European Hours)
What's On Offer
Opportunity to work with key stakeholders and develop personal and professional skills. Attractive Compensation structure with an opportunity to explore other BMSC
Apply for this job
The reference number of this job is I22170