Manager – Operating Model Implementation & Capability
DEPARTMENT: ES-India Center
SALARY: No bar for good candidate
BUSINESS CONTEXT AND MAIN CHALLENGES OF THE JOB
Enterprise Support (ES) is a global business unit that will manage the company’s shared business services (HR Services, Finance Transactions, IT Services, Information Management Services and Workplace & Travel Services).
Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable to win in the market by
- Putting the business’ goals at the heart of what we do
- Leveraging cost-effective, best practice, global solutions across Unilever to meet users’ needs
- Making continuous improvement in both cost and service an integral part of our way of working
- Building a professional services organization that enables our people to give their best
- Developing win-win relationships with selected providers to meet our current and future requirements
The key benefits from ES are expected to be:-
- Lower cost of delivery through standardization, simplification, process harmonization & scale leverage.
- Better user experience by delivery of integrated service bundles to end-user.
- Continuous improvement through end-to-end process ownership.
Enterprise Support is working across a number of opportunities to improve and consolidate insourced operations (for example setting up a Shared Service Centre in RUB). These projects are targeted at improving performance whilst reducing costs. The work specifically entails:
- Operating Centre Scope, setup and run costs and plan for pre-idea and ideas phase
- Recruit with the service line lead the local PM and KT, Operating model and capability lead
- Provide guidance and support for the project plans
- Ensure the centre is implemented in line with the operating framework
- Provide SD&C resources to the Operating Centre team to implement specific requirements (e.g. Service Performance)
- Develop the training for induction to the site
- Set up the governance model and leadership team for the run phase
- Conduct operational acceptance
- Provide the toolkit for Knowledge Transfer including the standard tools, processes and methodology for OC staff (we will need support in this area from ITBPs for tooling and a knowledge transfer expert from outside)
The focus on optimizing in sourced operations is a major challenge for ES covering multiple disciplines and a large, diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ensure the centre is implemented in line with the global governance and service management standards as defined in the operating framework by supporting the Operating Centre teams and leveraging global experts
- Deliver and further develop the onboarding training and capability development for new joiners to the operational teams
- Provide the Operating Centre lead for Knowledge Transfer training and coaching to Finance teams.
- Contribute to the global team’s development, improvement and maintenance of the Knowledge Transfer toolkit
- Recognizes issues that may help or hinder the change and works with others to tackle them.
- Shares knowledge and best practice with similar roles in other Operating Centres.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of relevant projects, actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders, in business change design, management and implementation.
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed-off. Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Bachelors Degree
- 6-7 years of experience in the industry which include at least 2-3 years of experience of delivering projects either from an organization or physical delivery perspective.
- Some experience/knowledge of Shared Service Centre governance and service management
- Experience in delivering and coordinating training
- Stakeholder management
- Project planning & reporting
- Analytical Thinking - understanding a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts
- Excellent English and the ability to work as part of a global virtual team
- Business Partner/consultancy experience
- Cross functional change projects covering one or more of Workplace, HR, IT and Finance
- Service performance reporting and issue management experience
- Experience of working across cultures and countries
- Service Operations groups (as customers)
- IT Services
- Facilities and real estate
- IT Innovation
- ES Service Development & Control
Please ensure to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org