Position Title - National Manager- Operations
Organization - Sequel Logistics Private Limited
Location - Bangalore
Reporting To - Asst Vice President- Operations
The role of the National Manager is to manage the daily operations, ensuring that all functions are performing efficiently, confirming to the prescribed internal controls, as laid down from time to time. He/she will be responsible for accuracy and timely achievement of all operational parameters and ensure that the Vision, Mission and Objectives of Sequel Logistics are upheld every time
The position is therefore responsible for:
- Daily Operations Management
- People Management
- Cost Management – related to Operations
- Customer Relationship and support
- Operational Security
- Operational Vendor Management
- Project Management
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively implement all operations’ processes, SOP’s, guidelines and all relevant operational processes, controls and policies throughout the country
- Manage the day to day operational activities of Depots/Hubs across the country. Develop internal infrastructure in terms of manpower, recruitment, equipment’s etc.
- Manage operational Commercial (Costs) and perform within set cost budget. Optimize operational costs continually to ensure required profitability
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships, ensuring high level of team, Customer and Vendor satisfaction. Ensure on-time collection and delivery of consignments every time, in order to meet Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure that all Project deliverables are attained within the specified time period agreed with the senior management/Customers. Provide project implementation status from time to time.
- Possess thorough understanding of courier/ cargo industry regulations & documentation (domestic & international)
- Maintain committed service performance. Create and circulate weekly/monthly MIS in timely manner
- Optimize and rationalize the linehaul + feeder networks and improve PUD operations to ensure seamless service quality
- Executes corrective action plan in order to ensure that the service standards are as per company standards
- Ensure that all relevant data is uploaded on Operational System of the organization in an accurate and timely manner – so as to provide timely status updates
- Provide necessary operational support to Business Development function.
- Evaluate business solutions against possible operational costs / productivity / capabilities etc.
- Set up operational facilities in line with the business lines and requirements, within given time.
- Develop quality vendors to carry out various operational activities.
- Develop and establish excellent relationship with Customers
- Maintain relationship with all Vendors and Suppliers
- Build a high quality and motivated operations team at field level
- Continue to innovate and develop operational expertise and skill-sets of personnel so as to continually improve efficiency & productivity of the system taking the business lines to the next level
- Plan & arrange functional trainings to ensure total people engagement with support from HR
- Oversees the recruitment activities and effective workforce management
- Ensure all operations’ employees remain engaged; appraise their efficiency and productivity from time to time
Security / Risk Management
- Create security awareness among employees in order to ensure safety of staff, infrastructure and cargo
- Implement Ad- hoc procedures, check contents against invoice, audit undelivered material in order to ensure safety of consignments
- Ensure complete safety and security in all operational transaction, so as to eliminate any untoward incident like pilferage, loss, damages etc.
F & A
- Support timely collections through the field teams to minimize outstanding
- Be responsible for all costs and ensure that they are correctly accounted in a timely manner so as avoid any financial loss to the organization
- Ensure that all relevant records are maintained and preserved for internal and external audits.
Required skills, competencies and attributes
- Complete understanding of Logistics and Air Express (added experience of Road express is desirable) distribution operations; preferably has worked in operations functions for some time in his career (pan India)
- Excellent man-management skills; able to network with different industry personnel and demonstrate leadership abilities in even difficult situations, underpinned by genuine interest in people.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of geographies across India
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Have good resource management skills (human, infrastructure and equipment)
- Have a good planning, organizing, delegating and analytical skills.
- Reasonable understanding of financial concepts, accounting and finance management
- Have excellent PC software skills (word, excel as a minimum)
- Should be ready to travel extensively within the Region and attend out of hour calls as may be required
- A good understanding of express industry in India.
MBA- Operations with 5 to 7 years’ experience as a national/zonal level Operations Manager from Express Industry.
The candidate should be from tier 2 institutions like Symbiosis Institute, Christ University etc.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Deputy Manager- HR
Sequel Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
314/6, "Victoria Annex",
7th Main, Domlur Layout,
Patel Rama Reddy Road,