Discipline - Banking
Subsector - Investment Banking
Location - Mumbai
About our Client - Our client is a high-profile worldwide leading Investment Bank with significant presence in Asia. Due to constant expansion and to bring their business to even greater heights in India, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Quantitative candidate within Model Validation to take on a challenging role based out of Mumbai.
Job Description - Reporting to the head of the department, you specific responsibilities will include:
- Investigating key aspects of each model under review:
- The choice of model, its correct implementation and optimal use of the model
- Participation in working groups addressing modeling issues and the model control environment
- Reviewing the issues, assumptions and limitations of the proposed modeling approach.
- Backtesting alternative models to evaluate and compare their performance with historical simulations
- Reviewing findings with colleagues in different groups including trading, model developers and risk managers
- Developing appropriate controls to mitigate for model risk and residual uncertainty
- Documenting the testing performed:
- Theoretical background, modelling issues, assumptions and limitations, testing performed, results and control implications
The Successful Candidate -
- You should possess a Quantitative / Financial Undergraduate Degree / Postgraduate from IIT or similar with at least 2 years of work experience.
- Candidates with knowledge in data management and analysis would be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience of relevant modelling is desirable, but regardless of experience all candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of financial and derivative products and mathematics, from private study if they have not worked in the financial sector.
- Programming experience in VBA or C++ and knowledge of programming concepts would be an advantage
What's on Offer - This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and bring it to the next step within one of the most prestigious financial institutions in the world. You will enjoy a dynamic, international and exciting work environment with constant challenging opportunities.
To Apply - Click here to apply