Model Risk Management Officer/Analyst - CHENNAI
WORK LOCATION - CHENNAI
- Advanced degree in Finance, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering (or related subject areas) with a strong technical and quantitative background.
- At least 3-7+ years Risk Management/Model Risk experience.
- Experience in model risk management roles with a major financial institution/or large company a plus.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in developing, maintaining and implementing the Bank's Model Risk Management Program.
- Assist in establishing standards for managing areas of model risk: development and implementation, governance and documentation, and model performance.
- Perform independent validations of various models in the organization wide inventory, and manage the resolution of findings with model owners and users. Validation includes assessment of model conceptual soundness, evaluation of data and assumptions, testing model computational accuracy, and performing outcomes analysis (such as back-testing and benchmarking). This includes independent reviews of new models, model changes and annual validation.
- Build Risk specific analytical models and tools as needed and manage relationships with key model risk owners throughout the Organization.
- Develop relationships with model development teams, identify model risks for review; consult with model users on the design of effective model risk management, including but not limited to models developed or utilized by Chennai staff.
- Develop and maintain industry contacts to maintain best practice.
- Help create awareness of the model governance environment, especially within the Chennai office.
- Provide the senior management with support on all presentations and ongoing communications related to the model risk management framework.
- Draft/finalize reviews and reports as needed and requested related to model risk management within the Organisation.
- Document and present observations to the CRO, to model owners and users, recommend management action plans, and track remediation progress.
- Monitor model performance reports on an on-going basis to ensure models remain valid.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, validation, and analysis has been completed and communicated to CRO.
EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS:
- Understanding of industry-wide Risk Modeling practices and trends.
- Experience with model review, validation and/or development of risk models, ideally in an international or financial services organization.
- Strong risk modeling technical expertise with execution/delivery focus.
- Ability to analyze complex financial instruments, create spreadsheets and write code to facilitate the analysis.
- Ability to simulate and solve financial/mathematical/statistical models.
- Advanced programming skills with knowledge of the following: VBA, SQL, C, Pascal, VB, HTML, C++, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills and the ability to interact effectively with financial professionals, technical specialists and technology experts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) analytical results and experiences to a diverse audience.
- Strong analytical and organization skills to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task successfully.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to development work.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org