This position is responsible for analyzing complex financial instruments and evaluating them. It requires building/programming computer models to reflect appropriate market conditions.
The incumbent will be trained in Financial instruments and Quantitative techniques. The Analyst will use his proven EXCEL, VBA skills to collect terms and conditions for the instruments, track current market conditions. The Manager will review the analysis on a daily basis/weekly.
- Analyse and understand complicated finance product structures and legal/trade documentation.
- Define the product structures for the quantitative analysis using proprietary systems using EXCEL, SQL, VB & VBA skills
- Liaise with the onshore team, or directly with client service to resolve terms and conditions and modelling issues.
- Track current market data for interest rates, foreign currency and credits.
- Supervise the team to prepare all instruments for quantitative analysis daily.
- Provide support and Quality Control for the entire analysis to all team members
- Maintain all relevant documentation.
- Assist with the development and implementation of process, risk management and audit controls.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, EXCEL, SQL,VB & VBA Skills, or similar database and query writing experience is required
- An understanding of the financial instruments such as Bonds, Loans, Swaps, etc. is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, take full ownership of projects and work independently is required
- Must have exceptional mathematical, analytical and organisational skills
- Must be able to respond quickly to critical business needs, prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail is vital, as is accuracy whilst working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Required is an excellent understanding of written and spoken English
- University degree in mathematical fields such as Engineering, Mathematics or Science is preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- 6-8 yrs months work experience within a financial institution preferably working with Quantitative analysis is preferred.
- An understanding of fixed income products including Bonds and Syndicated Loans is preferred.
- Experience with derivative products, including Interest Rate, FX and Credit Default Swaps is preferred.
Write to email@example.com