Manager- Economic Research
- Manage and deliver large, complex research programs involving, identify key business issues, conduct world class research, and craft economic commentaries.
- Develop research proposals aligned with economics topics; analyze existing academic and industry research related to the research topics, design research programs, studies involving primary and secondary research methods.
- Conduct in-depth primary and secondary research including, case studies, surveys, senior executive interviews, complex data analysis to form or support the hypotheses.
- Write world class research reports, case studies, viewpoints and publication in leading management and industry journals.
- Develop presentations summarizing research projects and programs and deliver briefings to executives and practitioners in internal and external events.
- Advise on research, survey design and development across the industry practice.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities involving strong research and advisory component.
- Execute and oversee quality of deliverables and manage the project team effectively to ensure Company Research quality standards for world class performance.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with industry leads, client partners and practitioner from C&IP practice.
- Work closely with Company Research director on strategy and program management.
- Masterís degree in Economics from top tier schools in India/abroad
- MBA or relevant Masterís degree from top tier schools in India/abroad.
- PhD from US institutions in economics will be strongly considered.
- Strong academic performance.
- 7-10 years working experience. Strong track record with previous employment, preferably business research experience with consulting/KPO companies.
- Candidate must demonstrate good understanding of application of economics to business issues.
- A good understanding of top management issues ó customer strategy, merger and acquisition strategy, supply chain optimization, investment prioritization, financial and performance management, IT strategy, public policy and more will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good statistics and data analysis skills preferably experience in Excel/SPSS.
- Ability to present data analysis in intuitive graphical and tabular formats for senior executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. An ideal candidate will have published in leading journals.
- Knowledge of econometric tools will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills as well as project and people management skills.
Pylon Management Consulting Pvt Ltd