- The incumbent is expected to build price forecasts for commodities - Agro & Crops (Corn, Palm, Sugar, Cotton, Cocoa & etc.), Major Metals (Copper, Silver, Gold & Nickel), Energy Products (Crude oil & Natural Gas) using advanced statistical tools and technical analysis.
- Strong knowledge on Statistical Data Analysis, Forecasting and Statistical Modeling (Multiple Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Factor analysis and Time Series Analysis). Also, indepth understanding on Technical Analysis.
- Experience in design and development of complex statistical models and build hypothesis on the commodity data and test for validity.
- Experience in understanding commodity fundamentals and dynamics
- In-depth understanding of macroeconomic indicators like GDP, Interest rates, forex reserves, trade balance, income levels, inflation and understanding and quantifying their impact on commodities.
- Experience and ability to lead a team of Forecasting Analysts and Technical Analyst.
- Experience in handling clients directly.
- Should be well versed with software packages for statistics like SPSS/E Views/STATA.
- Lateral thinker with an open mind
- Willingness to learn
- Influencing skills
- Excellent communication (Written and Oral )
- Superior writing and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and conduct research projects independently.
- Understand delivery goals, client needs/requirement for ongoing services.
- Ability to interact with various tiers in organization including Sr. Management and other departments
- MSc in Economics from reputed Universities ( Macroeconomics emphasis)
- Experience: 4 to 5 years.
Interested applicants kindly send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org