Manager/ Deputy Manager (Legal and Compliance)
TATA ADVANCED SYSTEMS LIMITED (TASL) is pioneering the foray of Tata Group into the niche areas of Aerospace & Defence. This is a strategic investment of the Tata Group, with a vision to become a leading player in aerospace domain. With joint ventures and alliances with the top aerospace OEMs of the world viz Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, TASL is a fast growing company and is leading the development of the Indian Aerospace story.
To strengthen the legal team at TASL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic, result oriented professionals with 2-8 years of experience
Qualification: Graduation in Law, CS (Engineering Degree will be an added advantage)
Experience: 2 -8 years in Corporate Legal function -Contract management and Compliance
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)-Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution:
- Non Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
- Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between company employees and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Work with Risk Management Department / Finance to coordinate contractual insurance requirements.
- Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies,, export controls etc.
- May include 'financial engineering' and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
- Support Product Management / Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions
- Monitor competitive terms.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Handle on-going issues and change management and drafted relevant letters/notifications to vendors / customers
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
DESIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
To be successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding of commercial contracting terms and conditions/practices and legal implications and strong commercial acumen
- The strong ability to draft, analyze, interpret and negotiate complex contract terms and conditions
- Knowledge in risk assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to teach simply and clearly the contracts management and principles to operations personnel
- Understanding of financial concepts (cash flow, revenue recognition, etc) and impact of contract terms on those concepts
- Ability to integrate commercial/business needs with contractual obligations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High ethical standards
- The ability to deal with tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers at all organization levels in independent and often stressful situations
- Maturity/professional attitude
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a cyclical work load and to multi-task
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry will be an advantage (but not a pre-requisite)
- Strong commercial acumen and rich experience in contract negotiations and dispute resolution may however be the most important factor for you to consider.
If you meet these criteria and are keen to prove yourself in a high-performance driven culture, send in your CV to email@example.com with subject as Manager/Deputy Manager-Legal & Compliance/Contracts Management before 10th December 2011. Please mention your current CTC in your e-mail
Human Resources | Tata Advanced Systems| Hyderabad