Job Description – Lead Program Delivery Manager for Executive Program Office (EPO)
The job entails providing leadership for the EPO organization to enable delivery of the Engineering Excellence vision for the IT organization. The job also involves guiding the EPO team in meeting and exceeding the expectations of the IT Leadership team.
The role involves defining, designing and landing robust EPO processes within the organization, through cross functional coordination with senior management, development and support teams across the clients operations.
The job responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading the EPO team in driving efficient Resource Management, Vendor Management, Finance Management and Transition Management for IT Services
- Developing prudent financial controls by leading focussed initiatives around IT budgeting, forecasting, tracking of actuals, cost analysis, variance control and reporting
- Defining the EPO processes and facilitate deployment and sustained implementation of the same in a distributed development environment
- Collaborating with project teams, service delivery teams, SQA team, CSPM team et al to deliver insights, metrics and reports to help IT directors drive engineering excellence within the IT organization
- Working closely with the IT senior management team to further process improvement opportunities for delivery excellence
- Providing thought leadership in recommending and driving IT organization-wide process improvements
- Leading continuous improvements in design and delivery of the Program Health Check framework
- Leading the Resource Management function covering headcount demand forecasting, tracking &reporting, utilization optimization and facilitating internal movements of resources
- Leading the Vendor Management function that covers handling surge capacity, building internal capability, fulfilling demand for niche skills and short duration requirements and driving RFP/RFQ processes
The candidate must possess post graduate degree in Management and BE from a reputed institution with 12+ years of relevant work experience, of which a minimum of 10 years should be with reputed IT organizations.
The candidate should possess the following skills:
- strategic thinking
- analytical skills
- presentation skills,with an executive presence
- ability to evangelize and land process changes
- affable attitude and good interpersonal skills
- lead by influence and drive to results
Candidates possessing prior experience in IT Operations in Tier 1 IT service organizations will be highly desirable.
Please mail your updated CV with current CTC, expected CTC & notice period details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject being - LPDM