We are looking for DM Supply Chain, however if we have a good candidate with experience and skill set we might offer an Manager Supply Chain. Please find below the JD for the same -
Brief about the company:
McDonald's is the world's leading global foodservice retailer with more than 33,000 locations serving approximately 64 million customers in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women. In India, McDonald's is managed by two Indian entrepreneurs. Amit Jatia, Vice Chairman, Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. owns and spearheads McDonald's operations in West & South India. Hardcastle Restaurants was appointed Development Licensee for McDonald's in India in 2010, a progression from Joint Venture partner.
Celebrating over 15 years of leadership in food service retailing in India, McDonald's now has a network of over 235 restaurants across the country, with its first restaurant launch way back in 1996. Prior to its launch, the company invested four years to develop its unique cold chain, which has brought about a veritable revolution in food handling, immensely benefiting the farmers at one end and enabling customers to get the highest quality food products, absolutely fresh and at a great value.
This position is responsible for managing the regional supply chain for the HRPL market and also holds the national responsibility for coordinating the supply chain activity for all new product launches. Going forward, this position will also hold the national product management responsibility for a small part of the product portfolio purchased. Key KRAs would include ensuring assured supply of food, paper & operating supplies at world class quality and competitive prices to McDonalds restaurants in the HRPL market, perfect execution of all new product launches, and supplier management for the allotted portfolio of products to be managed. This postion supports the department's strategies on operational excellence and enduring profitability. Key customers include Suppliers, Restaurants, Marketing, Operations, and other Head Office Departments.
Managing Assured Supply & Quality
- Assures continuous evaluation of HRPL distribution systems & supplier sysetms to ensure uninterrupted supply of food, packaging and operating supplies to all Mcdonalds restaurants in the HRPL market
- Understands the product portfolio in detail, assesses each element of the supplier value chain with the product manager for potential risks to the market and ensures contingency plans are put in place, tested, and understood by all stake holders.
- Works closely with product managers, market managers & marketing teams to understand and analyse consumption trends by market, supplier service levels and take proactive action to ensure product quality & service levels to the McDonalds stores in the market.
- Works closely with the development teams to ensure supply chain support for seamless store openings.
- Works closely with the marketing teams to ensure supply chain support for all regional and national promotions.
Supplier Development (This responsibility will get added going forward basis performance on the key roles of regional management & Supply chain management for new product launches)
- Communicates and coaches suppliers on the understanding of McDonalds Shared expectations and reinforces the same in all interactions with the suppliers.
- Sets objective measurement systems for supplier performance monitoring, ensures consistent feedback through planned annual Business Reviews, communication and agreement on SPI ratings and guides supplier management to proactively implement corrective actions for improvement.
- Continually reviews supplier base and developments in the food industry and sets proactive plans in place to improve/enhance the supplier base to support Mcdonalds growth in the country
- Manages supplier relationships in line with the McDonalds value systems and Code of Ethics and ensures fairplay in all dealings with supplier partners
Product Development and Marketing Support Activities
- Provides support to the Product Development team in terms of developing suppliers of new products.
- Ensures timely delivery of products to the DC and the restaurants.
- Communicates marketing plans and volume projections to suppliers.
- Gives feedback to suppliers/product managers on performance of marketing activities.
- Helps assure the success of marketing programs by ensuring adequate supply of specification products and services to all restaurants.
- Communicates and coordinates SCM matters and implications timely and proactively with other functions.
- Monitor and control market wide food, paper and distribution costs in line with set targets, conduct market visits, identify and drive implementation of initiatives for optimization of costs.
- Work together with Real Estate and Operations teams and set up systems and processes for management of backend operations for all new store openings, new product launches, promotion campaigns etc in the market.
- Understands the levers that drive food, paper and distribution costs in the markets and also for the product portfolio managed.
- Works closely with the supply chain product managers and regional directors to identify initiatives to improve cost performance in each market.
- Monitors the EVA for cost movements in the markets versus predictions made and assists the Head Supply Chain in revisiting the cost projections given to the market.
- Is the supply chain coordinator for the FPD portion of MITRA and analyses key drivers for cost movements vis a vis plan and assists the Head Supply Chain in drawing up actions for improvement.
Market Management of Food, paper & Distribution
- Maintains a strong liasion with market managers and product managers, conducts market visits, identifies market level opportunities on assured supply, costs & service levels.
- Analyses storewise market P&Ls to identify opportunities by market and implements intitiatives to optimise costs and improve efficiencies.- Implements market level initiatives to improve FPD & controllable costs, service levels, assured supply & quality of products & services to the restaurants.
- Implements systems & policies at local DCs and supplier partners in compliance with McDonalds & local audit requirements for purchasing practices & processes.
- Tracks changes in government policies for regions within markets, identifies opportunities arising out of taxation, distribution efficiencies etc and implements solutions in the regions within markets.
Typical work exp – 6-10 yrs in Supply Chain in reputed companies in Retail/ FMCG.
Minimum qualification required – MBA Operations/ SCM
Reports in to: Head Supply Chain
Team reporting in – None to 1
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.
(McDonald's India - West & South)