VP, CMB Corporate Consultant, Leading MNC Bank, Ahmedabad
Experience: 6 - 15 yr(s).
Hiring Organisation: Leading Multi National Bank
Designation: Vice President, MME CMB Corporate Consultant
Manage and grow a portfolio of Mid Market relationships and assist in positioning the bank as the preferred service provider with this client base. Key job objectives are as follows:
1. Acquire and build relationships with companies within the mid-market space. Typically RMs would deal with customers with turnover of upto INR 4,500 M
2. Achieve revenue targets for the portfolio. Maximize returns through acquiring strategy-fit NTB (new to bank) customers and increasing wallet share of existing clients through cross-selling effectively across PCM, TSC, FTG and TRY.
3. Focus on maintaining stringent control on KYC.
4. Ensuring credit quality of the portfolio including KYCC / KYCS and adequate periodic monitoring
5. Focus on bank-critical initiatives like Liquidity, RORA, etc for individual portfolio
6. Work effectively with key support departments like CRM, CDT OPS and Compliance to maintain credit/KYC discipline within individual portfolio.
7. Keep abreast of peer group offerings in the market and keep Product Development and CRM team apprised of the same to facilitate regular improvements on CMB MME products and services
8. To work with the Product teams in TSC, FTG, TRY and PCM and to drive relevant product business
- To meet revenue growth targets by mining existing corporates and growing new Mid Market relationships, as well as manage expected returns parameters such as RORA and Economic Profit for individual portfolio.
- To ensure that the quality of newly acquired and existing relationships is in line with the Bank’s acceptable credit and KYC parameters and to constantly monitor their credit profile to safeguard the bank’s exposures in an environment where corporate governance in the customer base is still evolving.
- Build top of mind recall for corporate customers and regularly educate the customer of the bank's expertise in PCM, TSC, TRY, FTG solutions, in order to create our image as the preferred corporate bank.
- To be self driven and motivated and constantly strive to improve one’s effectiveness as a corporate banker.
CMB has the mandate to grow business with local mid market companies; this is necessitated by a need to broad base the corporate bank client base and target improved margins. Companies in this space offer banking opportunities spanning across Corporate, Treasury, Investment Banking, Transactional Banking and Personal Financial Services. Competition in the market is extremely intense with all large foreign and private banks present. These banks also initiate similar strategies vis-à-vis the focus on client management and acquisition with an aim to increase wallet share. Importantly, the public sector banks have traditionally been banking this segment and have a dominant presence.
The environment therefore requires the jobholder to be extremely proactive in not just responding to client’s needs but to preempt the potential that it has to offer. Therefore, identifying early entry and rationalization of exposure, if required, becomes a norm, should we need to increase our presence in this lucrative market. In light of the cross sell requirement of the bank, the jobholder will need to also increasingly widen his/her coordination efforts so as to bring all our products and services to the client in a seamless manner. There is also a strong need to ensure that the knowledge base remains constantly updated and this includes adequate industry knowledge, product knowledge, market information etc. Development of traction between the jobholder, product teams and the client is a key imperative.
Contact Name: Ashish
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone:+91 8655009450