Lead (AVP) IT Strategy Projects, Business Analysis & Design
MNC Bank @ Hyderabad
The Team Lead Business Analysis & Design works closely with Business Partners and Business Subject Matter Experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements on large to extra-large, extremely complex technical and non-technical projects. This role will elicit requirements, benefit and cost analysis, and change requests using one or more of the following methods: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis in the most efficient means possible. This role will also provide recommendations to senior management regarding type and number of resources human, financial, tools, etc. required to complete assigned projects. Solicit and obtain management authorization for development, documentation and implementation of new features and information processing systems as well as maintenance and support of existing application systems. Projects are cross functional, requiring a broad knowledge of the Company, key functions, and products. Participate in the full systems development life cycle of assigned technical and non-technical projects to ensure comprehensive, timely and high quality outcome of assigned projects. Assist in developing project plans using tools that facilitate task listing, assignments, risks, tracking and modification to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget Develops executive reports on assigned projects to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievement or misses. Liaise between business and technology partners to ensure requirements are translated in a way well understood by technology, and ensure technology solutions are understood by and meet the needs of the business.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business -
- Deliver high quality, detailed business requirements, process design documentation, cost benefit analysis, and clear choice estimations.
- Ensure the use of standard methods / processes to deliver projects that adhere to the Project Delivery Process standards.
- Continually seeks ways of improving work processes.
- Contains a high level of expertise in multiple functional and technical areas.
Customers / Stakeholders -
- Build trusting relationships with internal customers by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs.
- Be knowledgeable about business needs, the businesses of competitors, and emerging trends in the industry landscape
- Proactively interact with delivery partners (Service and Software Delivery) to ensure the needs of the business are met, while at the same time, understanding technical implications.
- Liaise between business and technology partners to ensure requirements are translated in a way well understood by technology, and ensure technology solutions are understood by and meet the needs of the business.
Leadership & Teamwork -
- Facilitation of meetings, forming of project team, and guiding them through the project delivery process.
- Ensure requirements coming from multiple areas are aligned and conflicts are resolved effectively.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and/or duties as needed.
- Set an example for team members when faced with adversity.
Operational Effectiveness & Control -
- Elicit documentation that meets RBPM and Project Process Delivery standards
- Deliver on assignments / projects using the appropriate technologies and tools including Group standards
- Comply with Internal Control Standards and Group Compliance Policy
- Make recommendations for cost effective solutions
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD000)
The jobholder will be required to manage large to extra-large scale, highly complex efforts. These would generally be of a cost up to 2.5M USD and involve 10 or more business areas and/or stakeholders, and multiple technical areas.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- B.E. and MBA from a premier Business School having 6+ years of post MBA experience in an MNC IT / Banking / etc; driving IT strategy projects preferably in the banking domain.
Leadership capabilities -
- Navigating understanding and translating Change Delivery strategy into own project deliverables
- Aspiring being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery
- Driving setting stretching goals for self and delivering them with courage and tenacity, while also inspiring others to do the same
- Mobilising authentically engaging with team members, stakeholders, development teams, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance values, reputation and business
- The Team Lead Business Analysis & Design position should have between 5 and 10 years combined experience in technology, project management, banking, and/or operations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple technical and/or non-technical projects
- Background in computer systems to ensure an understanding of the technical development process; the ability to discuss technical issues with both technicians and business users
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation and/or Project Management Institute (PMI) certification highly desirable
- Have expert knowledge of project lifecycle and methodologies
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with business partners
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, presentation, written & verbal communication skills
- Confidence working with staff that includes the highest levels of management
Salary can be between 16 26 lks + variable
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org