The IT Governance Consultant will be a key member of Wipro’s Consulting team. The IT Governance Lead consultant will be responsible for executing engagements for our clients and for advising the client on improving the IT governance maturity within their organization using best-in-class practices in the industry. The Consultant is expected to develop and plan the approach and objectives for the engagement and lead teams of consultants depending on the scope of the engagement, offering broad expertise, insight and credibility in the IT governance space.
As an experienced member of the team, the IT Governance Lead Consultant will have complete ownership and accountability for the successful execution of engagements with Wipro clients. This includes managing the day to day responsibility for consulting teams and acting as the primary liaison with client executives and senior managers. In addition, this role will involve leading efforts in the development and reuse of practice frameworks and tools through contribution of thought capital as well as the development and presentation of papers on innovative topics in IT governance.
- Lead, execute and oversee IT governance consulting engagements.
- Develop and maintain strong client relations with senior executives, develop new insights into IT governance issues and deliver actionable, high-impact results.
- Conduct assessments and recommend actions for improving IT governance maturity using Cobit, Val IT as reference frameworks.
- Help customers in defining and setting up a robust IT governance framework in alignment with industry best practices.
- Manage client engagements including oversight of IT governance transformation activities.
- Lead and mentor other consultants within WCS and across Wipro Technologies.
- Support business development and ensure high levels of client satisfaction during delivery.
- Provide project and program support and help the account management team develop new opportunities within the client space.
- Plan and manage implementation of IT controls.
- Ensure project execution within aggressive timelines.
- Determine and articulate ROI for individual and overall IT services rendered during client engagements.
- Contribute thought capital through creation of executive presentations and position papers.
- M.B.A. or Master’s in a relevant discipline strongly preferred. Engineering Degree required
- 10-15 years experience in IT industry.
- Sound, hands-on background of IT services, IT governance processes, program management standards, quality processes and SDLC models.
- Experience in providing strategic direction in the areas of IT governance, IT strategy, program management, vendor management and portfolio management.
- Experience in implementing IT controls within the IT governance framework and designing overall governance framework using COBIT, VAL IT and other governance frameworks.
- Experience in setting up IT Performance management frameworks using balanced scorecard techniques
- Experience performing assessments and gap analyses in varying engagements in the areas of software process improvement, IT governance, program management.
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices.
- Good knowledge of program governance processes, sourcing governance, portfolio management processes and demand management processes.
- Experience in leading services outsourcing decisions and implementation, preferably involving an onshore/offshore model, is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of technologies covering solution architecture, application architecture and infrastructure will be an advantage.
- A strong and well-rounded understanding of IT process management issues, governance focus areas and sourcing decision frameworks is required.
- Prior responsibility for leading process improvement initiatives within a corporate environment is also desirable.
- Experience at a top tier consulting firms is desirable
- Prior roles as CIO of small start up IT setups may be good fits
- Relevant domain and practitioner experience: 7+ years delivery management and consulting.
- Good experience in Cobit and Val IT frameworks.
- Good knowledge of frameworks such as eSCM – CL, CMMI, program and project management standards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org