Supply Planning Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join the Global Analytics organization of Hewlett Packard and provide operations Planning service to IPG’s Media Supplies and Solutions (MSS) business. GA does all operational planning for the MSS business. This includes responsibility for managing supply and demand, responsibility for monitoring and managing supplier capacity, and responsibility for the successful management of product rollovers. Key metrics include inventory dollars, days of inventory (DOI), and availability. Key initiatives include the roll out of Demand Pull (DP) across multiple regions, and for developing and implementing strategies to optimize inventory and availability metrics.
Work Location : Bangalore
1. Managing availability to 95% in a growing and dynamic business.
2. Develop and implement operations plans to match supply and demand for businesses in North America, Europe and in Asia Pacific.
3. Generate weekly Build plans and backlog report
4. Manage loss of supply issues
5. Be accountable for setting appropriate inventory buffers as a hedge against uncertainty.
6. Work towards Optimizing inventory to meet DOI objectives
7. Be responsible for proactively communicating the status of availability and inventory in various forums and reviews
8. Work collaboratively with region partners to meet shared objectives.
9. Work with marketing, procurement and engineers as needed.
10. Manage product rollovers and end-of-life to appropriately balance availability and inventory risks.
11. Keep planning tool (ICON) updated with latest product information
12. Work with Planning SME within IPG A IWS MSS team for any business / process performance improvement initiatives
1. Skills and Profile requirements
1. Academic Credentials : Bachelor’s or Master’s degree ( Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering)
2. Experience Profile :
1. Essential: 3- 5 Years work experience in Supply Chain Planning/ Operations planning function in Hi Tech or related industry with significant experience in multitasking/ cross functional collaboration and hands on work with SAP r/3 and APO platforms.
1. Work experience on proprietary planning tools and integration with SAP
2. Experience of working with organization of similar size (Revenue/ Geographic breadth) and / or Product portfolio
3. Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams and achieving deliverables through Collaborative means.
3. Analysis Skills:
1. Ability to work with imperfect information; overall ability to recognize risk and key decision points.
2. Ability to recognize cost/benefit trade-offs in the decision-making process.
3. Capacity to interpret complex data.
4. Ability to synthesize information from various inputs and develop appropriate action plans.
5. Proven problem-solving skills
6. Overall understanding of basic supply chain concepts
7. Must be able to develop an understanding of key products and their supply chain.
8. Knowledge of business operations including factory constraints (e.g., capacity, lead-time, etc).
9. Must have an ability to prioritize work to meet business objectives.
4. Relationship Building Skills:
1. Ability to cultivate relationships across organizations and across geographies.
2. Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative work environment.
5. Facilitation and Communication Skills:
1. Ability to effectively execute tasks, responsibilities and meet deliverable deadlines using multiple modes available for virtual collaboration (Telephone, email, instant messaging, Virtual rooms/ Net meeting as applicable)
2. Ability to facilitate meetings, with agenda, objectives and solid meeting structure.
3. Ability to present clear, concise information to highlight issues and trade-offs.
4. Proven ability to use influence and persuasion to get results.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Technical Skills:
1. Knowledge and experience with planning tools (e.g. ICON, SAP/APO) to match supply and demand is preferred.
2. Must be proficient in Excel, including knowledge of formulas, macros and pivot tables.
3. Basic knowledge of Power-point.
4. Must be proficient using multiple tools and data sources
Interested candidates please send across your CVs to email@example.com