If you could spend 100% of your time painting the future of ecommerce on a canvas that will touch over one billion consumers, and had the strength of the #1 Media Company in India behind you, what would it look like?
One of the many reasons that drives HomeShop18 is the collaborative work done by a lean Product Management team to consistently bring easy , seamless , innovative, differentiated and demonstrative retail experiences on Internet , TV and mobile with eyes focused squarely on customer experience. Our lean and carefully chosen product management team works closely with creative , smart and passionate engineers and designers to help develop enjoyable experiences in Ecommerce which will create delightful product and customer experiences for E commerce Customers in India. Product Management team is responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, right from conceptualisation stage till user feedback stage after implementation focusing specifically on discovery, conceptualizing, analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions as per customer needs and then striving to improve it based on feedback of internal and external stakeholders.
Product Manager – Payments
At HomeShop18, we strive to think different. We're not some big, fancy corporation; we're an ever-growing and lean ecommerce startup. If you choose to join us the growth is in both size and in mind. We strive to always be better, if not the very best. We understand that greatness is a work in progress and that it requires passion, focus and desire, as well as knowing when you need to progress. That's where you come into the picture as the Product Manager- Payments of one of the Top E-Commerce portals in the world doing a million+ transactions in a month.
- As the Product Manager- Payments, you should be a flexible, results-oriented, and experienced leader who will be responsible for developing and implementing the payment system which does around a million+ transactions in a month through website, call center and mobile.
- You should have previous experience and visionary product insight on payment systems , technical expertise on payment systems in India and extensive negotiation and business skills.
- This role combines a great instinct for developing compelling products with a strong focus on users and the technical aptitude to work with the best engineering talent in India.
- You will be able to both strategize with senior leaders on new product ideas and features and work across the team with senior product managers, developers and designers to increase our payment throughput.
- You will have experience in building end user products for monetary transactions, having analyzed and created new product initiatives from scratch and grown it to a large active user base.
- You will have a strong understanding (and preferably relationships) in leading banks, payment service providers and money transmission providers over internet .You will be self-motivated and able to act with a high level of independence
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy for payment module.
- Develop and launch new products and enhance existing product features in Payments.(e.g. The current product management team executed a project on increasing the efficiencies in payment systems which successfully generated 30 million+ INR additional monthly revenue for HomeShop18).
- Develop and negotiate partnerships with payment providers and banks
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Ideate on items that will make the payment experience as hassle free and smooth and best in class in Indian E-Commerce Industry.
- Working Functional knowledge of payment systems in India with at least one successful implementation on a B2C website that is doing around 100,000+ transactions
- MBA from a Top B School (IIM/ FMS/ XLRI/ SP JAIN etc) with a degree in Engineering from a good engineering college
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Product Management focused on payments, especially on consumer facing internet products.
- Experience/knowledge of relevant functional processes in payments for E-Commerce websites in India
- Startup or E-Commerce experience is preferred but not mandatory
Preferred Skill sets:
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with senior leaders, peers, and direct reports.
- Proven success in driving product strategy and product design.
- Significant people and organizational management skills. A natural negotiator and a mentor.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision for payments in a consumer facing website.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
Apply for this position
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com