Head / VP Merchandising
Position: Head/ VP Merchandising
Location : Bangalore
The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Merchandising is to develop financially sound business plans that move the eretail business forward, improving sales, turns, and gross margins.
- The Vice President of Merchandising is responsible for converting insights from sales behavior analysis into actionable insights to achieve our objectives.
- This individual uses these insights to develop/execute category strategies, create and update category scorecard measurements and targets, and to aid in decision making for all tactical efforts of the team at the customer level, including product assortment, merchandising, pricing and promotion.
- Review and approve business strategies and financial plans. Regularly communicate and share information with various functions in division, and manage and develop associates.
- Identify the long-term strategic goals and drive the vision.
- Communicate the vision and inspire team to develop business plans and identify new opportunities. Implement tactical plans derived from strategy by working across functional areas.
- Review category strategy for the divisions to ensure current trends are capitalized upon throughout the department.
- Strategic plans to explore new business opportunities, Financial strategy, Purchase plans,
Annual and seasonal financial plans to maximize sales and profits
- Present concepts to leadership team and merchandising functions. Collaborate on ideas and products.
- Lead and participate in key company strategic initiatives
- Develop promotional opportunities.
- Create and manage long-range purchasing projections.
- Create innovative opportunities to increase retail performance.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years merchandising experience, preferably with 5+ years experience in eCommerce
- End to end experience in supply chain from procurement to distribution & customer service across all channels of distribution
- Management Experience ,Detail Oriented , Self-Starter
- Strong Communication Skills
- Masters/ MBA or Bachelors Degree with equivalent experience
Please mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information