Director & Head - Reference Data Operations
Chennai | Permanent
- Greenfield opportunity
- Cross disciplinary reference data operations set up
About Our Client
Our client is amongst the top 10 global banking & financial services conglomerates with service offerings ranging from corporate, investment, retail and private equity businesses. Employing over a 150,000 + professionals globally and revenues in excess of 30 billion $ - our client is considered the leading employer of choice within the Financial Services Industry. Following a recent integration of their wealth and capital markets operations, our client is developing a brand new shared services hub in Chennai, India. To grow & build this business they seek an exceptional leader to lead their site across all reference data related functions in their captive site located in Chennai.
As Director & Head - Reference Data Operations you will be reporting to the Country - Head and will be responsible for a growing team, aimed at reaching 100+FTEs by 2012. In addition, you will also be responsible for:
- Strategic Planning: Ensuring a consistent and consolidated approach to ensure alignment of day to day operations with the long term organizational goals.
- Risk Management: Ensuring proper internal controls are set up and a culture and environment of risk mitigation is cultivated.
- Change Management, particularly from a growth environment perspective.
- Service Management: Driving a robust control environment, mitigating risk, developing & adhering to standard operating procedures and most importantly maintaining high quality levels of service delivery.
- Financial Management: Ensuring appropriate employment of financial practices, administering functional cost base.
- Driving business productivity and cost effectiveness
- Creating agility, flexibility & capacity building to support constant change whilst maintaining business growth.
- Stakeholder & client management
- Business Management & Administration
- Talent Attraction and Development
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years reference data experience and 10+ years of global BPO/Captive managerial experience
- Fluent in English, excellent oral and written communication skill set
- Flexibility to work across the various shifts
- Ability to multi-task and combine strategic thinking while running the day to day activities
- Ability to push back and challenge senior counterparts
- Experience interacting and collaborating with people in different functions/locations across an organization
- Experience in managing team that support different time zone and shifts
- KYC Knowledge (i.e. local regulatory requirement, applications such as ALACRA)
- Product / Pricing Knowledge preferred
- Proficient with MS office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Masters / MBA degree
What's On Offer
A unique opportunity to lead & drive a set up of the entire reference data business for the securities & capital market operations hub with a globally reputed, leading MNC bank
Apply for this job