Position : Head IT Business Unit
Location : Bangalore
Client : A Leading US Research / Consulting / Advisory MNC in the Pharma Sector.
Manage and direct strategic Business management unit for India to ensure customer commitments and deliverables are met. Be a strategic leader to tap new growth opportunities.
The team size within this IT Unit today is 200 members.
- Manage staff in accordance with organizationís policies and applicable legislation.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Collaborate with senior management and other functional leadership to improve efficiencies for IT. Continually look for process improvement, seeking new ideas and ensuring open communication with staff. May participate in or lead corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and execute IT plan based on business strategies. Participate in the development of regional and global IT strategies Maintain awareness of business climate, any challenges and plans for the functional areas and identify opportunities to exploit technologies cost effectively to gain competitive advantage.
- Provide technical leadership and management of multiple regional and global IT projects from conception through deployment. Establish project budgets, resource plans, milestones, tracking metrics, and success measures.
- Ensure adherence to IT standards and procedures. Ensure all work meets computer systems validation requirements, and any issues identified in QA or customer audits are properly addressed.
- Develop and test IT disaster recovery plan in conjunction with the business continuity plan. Provide consulting assistance to site management in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Ensure all IT activities conform to IT security standards and all data and systems are properly protected. Ensure proactive monitoring exists to detect intrusions, violations, or other unauthorized attempts to access or manipulate data or systems, whilst maintaining customer confidentiality at all times.
- Lead and participate on global or regional task forces, study teams, or projects relating to global IT strategy, global projects, or the use of technology or systems at the global or regional level.
- Provide tools and technologies to facilitate ad-hoc end-user access to data. Identify new technologies and methods to provide end-users broader capability to meet their own information needs without compromising the integrity of the overall IT infrastructure. Provide training and assistance to end-users in the use of such tools or technologies.
- Prepare capital and operating budgets; monitor and track expenses. Negotiate service, support, lease, and consulting agreements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong staff management skills and the ability to effectively manage large teams
- Prior experience in managing large Offshore Delivery Center for multinational companies desirable
- Prior experience in Pharma/Life Science domain desirable
- Excellent negotiation skills and good understanding of legal agreements (master service agreements, work orders, leases, consulting service agreements, other.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to use automated project management tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, develop, administer, and track capital and operating budgets.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Prior experience in working closely with customers/stakeholders in North America & European region
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 15+ years experience in IT industry with 7 Ė 9 year of leadership roles or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
C 426 Sheikh Sarai Phase I 1st Floor. New Delhi - 110017