Job Description / Roles & Responsibilities
- Head – Finance & Accounts
- Finance & Accounts
- Minimum composite of 15 years preferably in a reputed construction company for atleast last 2 years;
- Minimum educational qualification is a Chartered Accountant
- Good command of English;
- Presentable and professional at all times.
Knowledge & Research Areas:
- Detailed research on the Company, including
- History of the Group
- Various Business Lines
- Operational Teams
- Understanding current and projected growth plans and corresponding financial requirements of TICIL Division;
- Understanding the accounting policies, procedures and transactional flow prevalent in the organization;
- Understanding of the bid process and procedures prevalent in the organization; and
- Intricate understanding of the accounts being maintained.
- Fund Management
- Responsible for conceptualizing and developing business plan for the division and initiatives, including feasibility studies and financial models;
- Working out best possible finance mix, i.e. through internal accruals or external sources – for execution of these new initiatives;
- Analyzing, evaluating and developing key business metrics to assess business performance;
- Understanding and implementing cross-synergies between different business lines from both an operational and a financial perspective;
- Participating in the formulation of annual budget of division by planning for capital and revenue expenses, conducting variance analysis and taking necessary corrective action, making financial projections;
- Inculcating a culture of fiscal discipline along with corresponding systems throughout the division, cutting systemic leakages and elimination of unnecessary costs.
- Liaison with Banks and other Financial Institutions with regards to all matters;
- Allocating funds across various projects and ensuring their effective utilization;
- Preparing regular cash flow statements and taking stock of daily inflows and outflows;
- Providing operational teams with BGs, LCs etc. in a timely manner to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Ensure proper estimates of requirements for various products like LC, Bank Guarantee and allocate lines accordingly;
- Hedging of currency and interest rate risks wherever applicable; and
- Proper monitoring of receivables from various external parties and taking strict action for recoveries.
- Performing active treasury management of the corpus of funds with the division under the guidance of the Investment Committee and CFO;
- Working with the existing Investment Committee members, and taking full responsibility for the administrative functioning of the Committee for the division;
- Balancing out risk-return profile of the treasury;
- Also balancing out the treasury function with funds required by operational businesses;
- Staying up-to-date on all the latest developments in the financial and commodities markets so as to ensure healthy return on the corpus;
Accounts & Taxation & Statutory
- Taking charge of all aspects of the Books of Accounts;
- Administering the full team within the Accounts & Taxation function;
- Overseeing and ensuring accurate & timely finalization of Accounts;
- Developing a good working relationship with the external auditors of the Company, and responding to their queries whenever they may arise;
- Implementation of and compliance with all the latest accounting and taxation standards like IFRS, GST, DTC etc.
- Establishing global best practices with regards to accounting procedures and practices.
- Formulating risk management policies. Planning and preparing for future challenges in the area of accounting, taxation, regulation changes etc.
- Efficient direct and indirect tax planning to minimize tax outflow;
- Ensuring adherence to all statutory compliance as may be applicable in these areas;
- Working towards greater automation of financial / accounting systems and Management Information Systems (MIS) for the division.
- Should actively promote internal education and skill development of the full team at all levels, and should constantly endeavor to follow global best practices with regards to functional areas under his charge, i.e. finance, accounts and taxation;
- Must maintain strong relationships with all the banks and the bankers with whom the Company is associated. This may include attending dinners, official functions etc.
- Evaluating proposals for Project related work from contractors and granting approvals. Ensuring optimum utilization of resources provided to Contractors for contract execution;
- Conducted Cost / Proprietary / Management Audits of Project related records of contractor companies for reimbursing cost, quantifying margins payable. Monitoring & controlling costs incurred on the contracts under execution;
- All due diligence and other aspects of any potential mergers, demergers or acquisition; and
- Other jobs as may be assigned from time to time.
- To conduct regular review of the Books of Accounts and ensure entries are being made systematically, uniformly and are up-to-date;
- To ensure compliance to regulations of RBI, SEBI, ICAI etc. and any other regulations as may be applicable;
- Reviewing MIS related to investments and finance, and presenting to Management on a regular basis;
- Review and sign off of all price bids;
- Review of budgeted vs. actual project cashflows;
- To be vigilant and investigate for any suspicious financial entries or transactions; and
- Ensure timely computation and filing of various tax returns.
- Not a limiting factor for the right candidates.
Kindly send your resume on email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org