This role provides Engineering Technology leadership for a Well funded Online Start up. The role works closely with the product team to develop Online Distributed System/Platform.
- Provide Technical Expertise to execute the online business venture of the organisation
- Work closely with the products team and envisage a scalable, robust platform using various technologies.
- Set the vision and mission for the team, instill the right mindset and shared vision for great teamwork.
- Own the full life-cycle development process from product definition, through design, development, test, release and maintenance
- Be a hands-on technologist with strong enterprise/consumer business acumen, with the ability to architect high performance.
- Leverage in depth technology skills and experience in delivering complex software products and put in place the right processes and environment for the teams to work in.
- Use sophisticated means to track and deliver software on schedule by minimizing risk, tracking dependencies, proactive planning and efficient communication with the extended teams.
- Use robust software product development methodologies, SDLC to make rapid progress and at the same time apply rigor to ensure high quality and results.
- Investigate and apply the latest technologies and tools including open source tools and platforms, web services and open interfaces, service oriented architectures to build software that is state-of-the-art.
- Lead a cross functional team of, development and quality leads to ensure the design is robust, scalable and extensible and can meet the strategic and tactical needs of the organization well into the future.
- Manage interaction and relationship with hosting service providers and Software Service Providers
Candidate Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with atleast 10 years of experience in Technology Domain
- Highly technical and results oriented leader, with a good track record of developing and driving technology part of business strategy, high-quality execution, successful team building and retention, and leading positive change.
- Experience with end to end development and maintenance of high performance, highly scalable products in the B2B/B2C domain.
- Strong technical skills and awareness of software technologies and standards such as Java and tools including open source tools and platforms, web services and open interfaces to build software that is state-of-the-art.
- Knowledge of technology products and experience in planning and budgeting for the specific products and solutions required to implement the technology architecture
- Prior success in driving and leveraging industry standards and adoption within products.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performance teams with highly skilled engineers.
- Line management experience running a technology department, covering all functions from manpower planning to recruiting, staff allocation, mentoring and assessment.
- Project management experience in defining projects, the work breakdown structure and planning resource requirements and project timelines.
- Selection of vendors, service level definition, contractual negotiation, service delivery monitoring and administration.
- Smart decision making skills.
- Possess exceptional judgment and applies that same to technical, strategy and business issues.
- Demonstrated success in a highly challenging environment.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org