Position: Head of Business development (Previous work experience in Research / Design industry will be an added advantage)
Location: Chattarpur, New Delhi
Joining: We would require someone to join by 15th March 2012
Remuneration: 9 lacs per annum (negotiable)
Job Title - Head of Business Development
Location - New Delhi, India
Reporting to - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
CKS is a research and design practice that works in the area of media and technology. We conceptualize and develop innovative products and services that harness the new possibilities of media, communications and technology. We use a variety of innovative social research tools, to understand user needs and practices to fine tune existing products and services and conceptualize altogether new technologies.
CKS has offices at Bangalore and New Delhi in India. Our clients include technology houses and service networks that are increasingly catering to the needs of first-time users of technology. We have also built partnerships with research organizations in Brazil, China, and other emerging economy environments, which allows us to compare and synthesize findings from diverse cultural contexts.
Key Purpose Statement
The Head of Business Development is responsible for developing new and profitable business in the assigned work area of CKS by utilizing appropriate marketing and sales techniques. He / she will have the overall responsibility to generate new projects, track prospective customers, look for additional business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Lead role in shaping strategic direction of CKS products and services.
- Responsible for outlining new approaches and business models to develop the business.
- Responsible for liaison with the Head of Project Team and HR, to ensure resources and services to support and deliver strategy
- Responsible for providing business direction into CKS portfolio management
- Responsible for providing business direction into product developments to ensure that CKS delivers unique, superior services that differentiated within the marketplace and deliver benefits and value to the clients.
- Horizon scanning to inform business development opportunities and identify market trends.
- Responsibility for business development planning, client and competitor analysis, financial modeling, proposal design to grow the business.
- Work closely with team members to develop/upsell existing business, and identify and pursue new business opportunities for CKS.
- Leading role in contract negotiations.
- Preparation and presentation of business proposals to Public, Government and Corporate clients.
- Work with project team and management team to establish, manage and report on performance indicators and success criteria for CKS.
- Provide visible leadership role as CKS Head of Business Development – within and outside of CKS.
- Attend and present at conferences and meetings to generate business leads and raise awareness
- Develop strategic relationships to help grow CKS network and business
- Recruitment and development of business development team.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and effective performance of business development team
- Responsible for ensuring that CKS has the right business processes in place to deliver on existing and future projects.
- Responsible for working with all teams in the company to deliver value for money and profit growth
- Responsible for working with CEO to set priorities ensure that service level agreements are delivered
- Ensure all business development staff have clear role profiles with clear levels of decision making and accountability
- Work with Finance team for Revenue/invoicing management
- Responsible for negotiating contractual relationships with clients and ensure that we achieve a win/win situation
- Responsible for working with Head of Projects and CEO to identify client needs and performance indicators that need to be met from a contractual perspective.
- Responsible for providing user experience feedback from clients – and trouble shooting where necessary to protect existing, and develop new business
- Attending key conferences to generate leads
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team
- Self development and continuing personal development
Basic Areas of Knowledge and Skills
- Very strong knowledge of line of business, economies of business and services marketing.
- Understand the working of the Indian and Global economy, where it is headed and the implications global economic implications.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business development.
- Strategy orientation and good business sense.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and within the organization.
- Strong customer service and result orientation.
- Display a sense of maturity, use previous experience and some up with effective solutions and ways of working.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Very high level of presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Persuasive skills and ability to convince prospective customers about the service provided.
- Foresight, planning and implementation capability.
- Willingness to travel in and around the country and abroad.
Please send your resume to email@example.com