General Manager - Supply Chain
The opportunity is with a large Indian organization which operates in the luggage sector.
As part of growth and expansion strategies for the business, the business is looking to hire an experienced professional in the area of supply chain.
Titled as General Manager Supply Chain, you will be in charge of:-
- Strategizing, designing, developing & executing the end-to-end SCM plans that are aligned to the company business goals.
- Leadership and Management oversight on the entire value chain of Supply Chain Management.
- Demand Management & Demand Planning for local and international business.
- Implementation of Modern Inventory management, Quality Management & Management Information practices.
- Interfacing with multicultural, international teams to develop effective SCM solutions.
- Sustaining and increasing the existing network and managing supply chain for large number of domestic and imported SKUs.
- Inventory Management at manufacturing locations, mother warehouse and branch warehouses.
- Ensuring timely & efficient distribution of SKUs across the country and to international locations.
- Coordination of logistics by efficient management of agencies like transporters and C&F agencies (Sea/Air/Rail & Road) and other external agencies to achieve seamless & cost effective transport solutions.
- Oversee routine and complex customer & order servicing duties from domestics and international business.
- Development of long term partnerships with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Management of day to day supplier performance to ensure meeting of service, cost, delivery and quality norms.
- Conduct supplier audits on a regular basis to measure supplier performance against contractual standards.
- Knowledge of working on SAP (APO, MM SD & PP module).
- Responsibility of preparation and management of department budget.
- Develop the SCM team structure based on the current & future requirement of the business.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Why should you join?
- The organization has very aggressive growth plans and one of very niche service providers in the segment and has some of the industry best practices.
- The organization is investing heavily in creating necessary infrastructure, processes and people that not only allows exceeding benchmarks in customer experience, but also look at key growth drives in market and respond accordingly. High level of flexibility and ability to smell the coffee.
- Exposure to multi level challenges.
What one must have now to qualify for the role?
- At least 12-16 years of relevant experience in the Supply Chain sector.
- The incumbent should have held a senior level (function head) responsibility for end to end SCM function including demand planning, logistics, deliveries and inventory control.
- Should be from an industry where sourcing and manufacturing activities are undertaken at a large scale both domestic & international.
- Exposure to China Supply Chain Management including working with outsourced vendors.
- Should have exposure to products with long lead time and high variety of SKUs.
- Exposure to factory and production planning in India, experience with inward and outward freight & logistics.
- Should have managed the entire value chain under Supply Chain Management from forecasting to sourcing to logistics.
- Should have strong leadership and strategic abilities and should exhibit zeal, innovation and very high personal credibility.
- Should have strong ability to liaise with other Functional and Department Heads including Sales and Finance.
- Should possess strong process orientation with excellent knowledge of effective performance measures in field of SCM and should have strong implementation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and people skills are must.
- Willingness to travel.
Please apply directly to email@example.com with all the details mentioned below:
- Updated CV
- Current Compensation & Benefits (Fixed + Variable + Perks)
Consultant- Logistics & Supply Chain
Antal International Network
402, Shalimar Morya Park, Off New Link Road, Andheri (w), Mumbai – 400 053, India