Discipline - Accounting
Subsector - Tax & Treasury
Location - Mumbai
About our Client - A global market leader in the pharmaceutical industry, our client manages some of the most iconic brands within the market. Their brands include a number of household names and they have a fantastic reputation globally. Over 100 years in the market and working in across 50+ countries, they have been growing their presence in India. They are looking for a high caliber individual as a General Manager - Indirect tax.
Job Description - You would be reporting to the Group CFO, you will lead a team of 4 people in the indirect tax function for allocated businesses. You would act as a trusted business partner and be working across the other areas of the group. This would cover all indirect taxes i.e. customs, excise, VAT, service tax and entry tax/octroi. As a brief summary of your responsibilities, you would:
- Supporting new sales deals and transactions working with sales, finance, legal and operating leads to structure the deals
- Structuring contracts to ensure optimum indirect tax efficiencies, leading indirect tax due diligence, validating indirect tax assumptions in deal costs/ pricing, contracts review and negotiations with counter-parties
- Providing operational guidance for application of appropriate indirect tax on purchase, sale and service transactions
- Providing technical oversight to the indirect tax compliance team for ensuring timely and accurate indirect tax filings
- Supporting localization and manufacturing initiatives working with sales, finance, legal and supply chain leads
- Providing operational guidance and review of ERP systems relevant for indirect tax application and compliance
- Ownership of accuracy/ adequacy indirect tax asset and liability balances in Indian statutory and US GAAP accounts
- Working closely with the Big 4 in conducting process improvements and building up a robust system
- In addition, you would be required to build and nurture talent within the organisation.
The Successful Candidate -
- You are a Chartered Accountant with 10+ years experience and are currently working heading up the indirect tax vertical with an global FMCG/Pharmaceutical business or have been working in a Big 4 consulting indirect tax assessments.
- You are confident in heading up the business vertical and would be responsible for implementing various process improvements in the indirect tax space.
- You have a proven track record in leading a team and working with multiple stakeholders in completing large projects.
What's on Offer - Work with a global leader in heading up the Indirect tax vertical, be a change agent and there is immense scope to gain cross functional exposure. Earn and attractive package and have a work life balance.
To Apply - Click here to apply