Discipline - Accounting
Subsector - Tax & Treasury
Location - Mumbai
About our Client - A global market leader in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, our client manages some of the most iconic brands within the market. Their brands include a number of household names and they have a fantastic reputation globally. Over 100 years in the market and working in across 50+ countries, they have been growing their presence in India. They are looking for a high caliber individual to lead the Direct taxation vertical.
Job Description - Reporting to the Group CFO your primary responsibilities would be to look after all the Direct taxation matters across various verticals:
- Supervise and provide guidance as may be necessary to ensure that all actions for preparation and filing of return of Income , tax audit, transfer pricing requirements and wealth tax returns are taken on time
- Transfer Pricing advisory role to the different business units review submissions made to tax authorities and attend or organization representation at assessment hearings involving coordination between different business units
- Review and monitor appeals proceedings Review submissions made to tax authorities and attend/ organise representation at assessment hearings,provide information as required during the course of assessment proceedings.
- Ensure the correct tax accounting practice is maintained such as advance tax, balance sheet positions and contingent liability are correctly computed and accounted for
- Work with the Big 4 consultants in improving processes and ensuring a robust system with regards to direct tax
- In addition, you would be required to initiate process improvements and act as a change agent within the organisation.
The Successful Candidate -
- You are a qualified Chartered Accountant with 10+ years post qualification and are currently working either with a Big 4 consultancy as a Direct tax specialist or with a leading FMCG/Pharmaceutical heading up the direct taxation practice.
- You must have a demonstrated track record of success in working within the direct tax vertical and must have managed at least 5 people.
- You must have strong communications and leadership qualities as you would be working with multiple senior stakeholders within the organisation.
What's on Offer - An exciting opportunity to lead the lead the direct tax vertical of a leading pharmaceutical business. An attractive package coupled with a bonus. There will be enough opportunities to grow and work with the business on international assignments as well.
To Apply - Click here to apply