Agro Climate Modeler
Role: Agro Climate Modeler
Experience: 3-8 years
- Responsible for the development/implementation of the agro risk models for quantification of crop yield risk, both using statistical as well as structured modeling techniques.
- Responsible for leading a team of 2-4 modelers.
- An integral part of the role is to work with globally dispersed teams to develop, articulate and document modeling methodologies for internal reviews and interactions with clients.
- The role requires the research, identification and application of suitable methods and algorithms for various modeling initiatives: crop yield forecast, risk modeling, impacts of climate changes, integration of weather forecast and agro crop forecast models, statistical evaluation and manipulation of agricultural and meteorological data.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Sciences/Meteorology from a reputable university and research center
- 3-5 years minimum of research and professional experience in agricultural meteorology, climate change, weather forecasting, remote sensing and GIS analysis & modeling domain
- Working knowledge and experience in using latest GIS and remote sensing techniques associated to crop risk
- Good understanding and working knowledge of modeling perils such as droughts, floods, hailstorm, etc., driving crop yield risk.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data manipulation Using MS Excel, MS Access and SQL Server
- Demonstrated computer skills and a proficiency in programming languages i.e. FORTRAN, C++, VBA, MATLAB or equivalent.
Kindly contact:- email@example.com